Recent content by tripedius

  1. T

    A more defensive approach

    Well I'm trying to do the same as with the attacking tactic but with more defensive security. Just 2 CM's can make it easy to exploit the gap between defense and midfield hence the DMC. The MC AP(a) is there to cover for removing the AMC and the other CM is a go between supporting attack when...
  2. T

    A more defensive approach

    I'm Arsenal and in the 1st season. I made a pretty decent 4-2-3-1 setup that works quite well at home and against smaller teams away. It's suprisingly solid in defense but doesn't quite cut it against the bigger teams away. I can still score, but also seem to get a minimum of three goals scored...
  3. T

    Post Your Frustations Thread

    Silly but heartfelt frustration, it's 2016 and the Arsenal trio has signed for Manchester City (Wilshire, Ramsey and Ox). Not only have I tried buying 2 of those three in earlier seasons and never got near as low what City paid for them (being Chelsea), they are also topping the league with them...
  4. T

    Defending

    So it probably is the high defensive line. Think the patch pushed it over the top as it went well before that or at least it happened a lot less. As the patch notes say defenders push higher up now. And Terry would explain the 5-1 against PSG as I was resting some players. Guess Varane and Jones...
  5. T

    Defending

    I'm in my third season with Chelsea now. It's going quite good, but I feel that since the patch I have to scrape against lower teams more often and seem more vulnerable for a ransack by a big team (having just lost 5-1 to PSG away, luckily I already won 4-0). I play a possession 4-2-3-1. The...
  6. T

    Short question -> short answer Thread

    What changed in the patch that cause me to get a red card every game? 4 red cards in the last 3 games with no changes to tactics. It would not have been funny were it not that I beat Fulham 2-5 with 9 left :).
  7. T

    Improving a Players Ability to Play Under Pressure

    + you can train it. Maybe it will help.
  8. T

    Unrealistic transfers

    Some players just cant be sold cause of their wage demands. Same goes for Fernando Torres. That's why he's playing for ADO Den Haag now (low ranks dutch premier division)
  9. T

    What roles/duties/instructions suit my player thread

    I use Mata in 2 roles depending on formation: AMC, AP (S) in a 4-2-3-1 and as AMR, AP (A) in a 4-5-1. He's won the MvP of the CL twice and the golden ball once (world cup played a big role in that). He seems better in his AMR role, due I think to the fact that he is better at playing attack than...
  10. T

    Any recommendation for English U21 players.

    Calobah, Ward-Prowse and Shaw real beasts I tell ya. Calobah is keeping Ramires out of the starting line up and is only 20!
  11. T

    FM14 Request a Player Screenshot (please use instead of starting a new thread)

    Bertrand Traore (Chelsea). His star potential wasn't really good, but he was my 4th trained by club player.... However he played a 7.6 average in about 15 games and scoring 9. Same second season with star potential rising but ofc I have potential better players. So would like to see this guy...
  12. T

    Bugs you've come across?

    Annoying but not game breaking: When starting a new game I can spend a long time gathering staff, reviewing the team, etc. Also I mutually terminate the contracts of all the staff I don't want. If however I save my game on the first day after doing all that and continue later on from that save...
  13. T

    Short question -> short answer Thread

    1. Does a player who is part of the senior squad, but only plays reserve games, get better training than members of your U21 squad? And develop better? (assuming your Senior squad coaches are better than your U21 coaches). 2. What is up with player values at the end of season? Schurlle in my...
  14. T

    Best Coaches

    Tactics: David Billows. Is a fitness coach, but can be signed as a normal one. Defensive: Tassotti has 4,5 on defensive. Also some coaches, like David Platt, can have a good roll on the start of the game and be 4,5 star coaches. For Platt one of the variables is that his LoD isn't too low.
  15. T

    robert lewandowski form

    I have him on my Chelsea save and he's doing really, really well, 1:1. Use him as a AF or T with an AMC/AP/support behind him and attacking IF's on the wings. Thinks he needs crosses to preform his best.
Back
Top