Cheers for the feedback.
Yeah I'm usually boring and go for standard shapes, but I thought I'd mix it up with some asymmetry!
I've added the results and I'll work on the download link.
Let me know how you get on with it!
The Modern Day Catenaccio
An ideology concocted by Karl Rappen in Switzerland and embraced in Italy, Catenaccio translates to ‘door-bolt’ and is a system which relies heavily on defence, including playing with a sweeper who’s positioned in a line of three defenders. The sweeper’s role was to...
Ollie Palmer turned out to be great for me in my Forest Green save playing in the TM role. I managed to sign him on a free transfer after the first season on a cheap contract, I'd definitely recommend sticking with him as I reckon he'll come up good for you!
Really enjoying this so far, by the...
December
A great month in the EFL League Two, but a disappointing exit from the FA Cup to Championship side Burton. The number of clean sheets we’ve racked up this month is encouraging and we’ve only conceded one goal in 5 games. The defence is really starting to gel despite being chopped and...
November
A month with plenty of ups and downs, including smashing Portsmouth with a mighty 7-1 victory, where loanee Bakayoko plundered 4 goals winning him Young Player of the Month award. Buffonge also continued his impressive form from the previous month, making him runner up.
In a similar...
October
A difficult month. We lost to Chelsea Under 20’s on penalties in the EFL Trophy Group stage which was pretty gutting. It was a match that on balance we could have won. The rest of the month comprised of 2 wins and 2 losses in League 2 and another loss on penalties to QPR in the EFL...
September
A month where we managed to find our stride. We’ve started racking up points in the League and we also played perhaps the most exciting game of FM I’ve seen in the 3-2 win away to a strong West Ham side. It was decided from a last minute penalty by Bakayoko, I’m usually relatively...
August
A steady start to the 17/18 season in League Two, with some good results in the EFL Cup & Trophy. We’ve also started bagging goals from corners, being effective from set pieces is a trait I wanted to develop at the start of the season, so it’s encouraging we’re heading in the right...
Squad
Goalkeepers
Ian McLoughlin is still our first team choice, he performed well last season despite a couple of minor blips. McDermott will feature in some games to ensure he continues to develop.
Defenders
Franks and Brett will feature at right back, with Franks being the defensive...
Pre Season
We’ve had a good pre-season with some decent results. We thrashed minnows Brimscombe and Bishop’s Cleeve with convincing 5-0 and 6-0 wins. Senior affiliate Aston Villa and Everton proved tougher challenges, but we managed to avoid defeat in both games. The clean sheet against...
Forest Green Rovers: 17/18 Season
EFL League 2
After a great first season, we managed to secure promotion to the EFL League 2 for the first time in the clubs history by winning the title. We did so by playing defensive, direct no nonsense football, setting up a system which can now be used...
End of Season Review
Overall I’m very happy with how the season has gone, despite the sketchy decline of form in March. I’ve learnt that you can’t tinker solely with one system all year as your opponents adapt and can predict how you’ll play. The element of surprise is a rather useful weapon...
April
Did we manage to turn around the poor run of form and secure the title?
Of course we did! We went on to rack up 6 straight wins, smashing in 19 goals. We switched up tactics, introducing a 4-1-2-3 as well as using our 4-4-2. I think the decline was down to my stubbornness and not being...
Club : Forest Green Rovers
Manufacturer : Puma
Sponsor : Tesla Motors
Home : Green from the logo below and white
Away : Black and green
Third : Up to you
Thanks a lot man!