¿A Tactic with possession, efectivity and pass? ¿Impossible?

FranAlv

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm Francisco from Argentina. First of all, sorry for my bad english. :p

I open this post to ask and find out if they know any tactics in the Football Manager 2018 that pregales a wide possession of the ball, added to a large number of passes and effectiveness when finishing the goal.I spent hours and hours trying to put together a tactic according to my tastes, but there was no case. I was downloading a lot of tactics on distinctive Internet websites that supposedly showed soccer based on possession of the ball, with passes and dominance of the game but there was no case.My idea is to play in a somewhat 'Cruyffista' or 'Guardiolista' way. That is: With possession of the ball, many passes, effectiveness when kicking the goal, etc.Hopefully you can help me because this has me very worried (I never step in the game)Thank you!!!

It is definitely possible. You just need to be realistic about it. Its not something you can do easily with any set of players, regardless of technical quality (for the level of play). It also takes tweaking and adjusting to get to work. You need balance - too many attacking players can make it too aggressive. You need options - especially if you use shorter passing, players need options to pass to. Don't immediately go for the Team Instructions that look "good" for possession as they may be too extreme - retain Possession can blunt the forward push and Shorter Passing can limit options. I use a tactic (with some tweaks) in multiple saves that consistently has some of the better possession in each respective league and none of the TIs or PIs impact possession. The formation, shape, and roles and duties you use can dictate A LOT.