ìBV - Icelandic Premier Division - Tips?

ToledoMachado

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new here and i'm from Italy, so sorry for my english. :(

I have already red many posts in this section.
I like hard challenges. So I decided to manage ìBV, an icelandic premier division team, but i met a lot of problems during my job. I'm going to make a list of them.

1) Training: Almost all of players have a Part-Time contract, so the training too is P/T. On tug's training there's no P/T training, so i'm wondering if there are some useful files or advices on the net.

2) Tactics: I'm playing with a simple 4-4-2, but every match my assistant says that there's too much space between defence and midfield, and my strickers are not well served by the midfield. It's a tactic problem or my midfielders aren't strong enough?
I play with a target man (good header, 14) but this doesn't works. Do I have to change even the style from direct to long pass and with more crosses from the MR/ML?

3) Player search: what's the better way to improve my team? Young players from my team? Scouting in my nation? I have no international reputation and i'm a semi-professionistic team with low wages... X|
Just to make an example, i've Crewe as a parent club, but when i ask a loan report there are no players availables to play for ìBV on loan.
How do I know when a player is good for iceland?

2) Tactics: I'm playing with a simple 4-4-2, but every match my assistant says that there's too much space between defence and midfield, and my strickers are not well served by the midfield. It's a tactic problem or my midfielders aren't strong enough?

It's a tactical problem, the mentality difference between your CB's and your MCd needs adjusting so they are closer together.

It's a tactical problem, the mentality difference between your CB's and your MCd needs adjusting so they are closer together.

It means that my DC an my MC must have the same mentality?
I think defensive...

EDIT: And what about players scouting?

What's the best way to find unknown players? :D

Last edited:
Mentality doesn't need to be the same, just closer together than they are at the moment. If that still doesn't make a difference trying pushing your back line further forward.

Well with your scouts I'm guessing they aren't allowed to travel very far so just send them out to wherever you can and cross your fingers.

Thanks Lee but... I've been sacked... X|
Now I'm going to start a new adventure with Vicking...