MERTES4CKER

Reaction score
The Gunners
arsenal-logo.png

The shock, after all those years working in the back-room, waiting to get noticed. I tried my hardest, I wanted to succeed. When Wenger told me he saw potential in me becoming a coach, he send me to get my UEFA Pro license to coach, that's when I thought - this could be my moment.

Waking up in the morning and hearing the news, the shock in my eyes, a 25-year-old who spends his weekends partying and his weekdays training footballers that have made and he hasn't. I was determined to show them they were wrong, that I would be the successor of Arsene Wenger.

I don't think anyone in the world was expecting this to happen, no one. Having 33 missed calls, most from my friends, and i went through the 14 unread text's and saw one from a number not registered, it stood out, I opened it and read it, the disbelief of me is un-describable.

'Hello, young man I've resigned from Arsenal, I want a new challenge and thought there is one man and one man only who can replace me, that's you. I see how you interact with the players, you will be an amazing manager and suggested you to the board, they will probably announce it later today. If you get hired is not my choice, but hopefully they will see the light and hire a great manager like you.'

I was in tears of joy, I went into the closet and picked my best suit, I was relishing the challenge of managing my beloved Arsenal.
I got into my VW Golf and drove to Emirates, went to the board room and spoke to them and told them how I will make a difference and showed them my plans etc.
They said to go outside and wait, I did. 10 minutes later they called me back in, they had a contract ready, they said I've got one year and one year only to prove myself, if I succeed, they'll take it further. I was so happy, words don't describe it. I shook their hands, couldn't hide my joy.

I was going to make this the best club in the world.

Transfers

The Gunners
arsenal-logo.png

So I had worked at this squad for 4 years, I knew what players were good and those who were not.

The position I decided to strengthen first was Attacking Midfield/striker, I brought in 3 players, the first of them was young Brazilian Wellington Nem, he shows amazing potential and could even be a first team player this season, he cost me £3.5million, I activated his release clause.

The next person I brought in was an experienced Premier League player, Demba Ba came for a cheap £7million, I picked him up from Newcastle who were dumb enough to put a cheap release clause on him.

A big name player i picked up was Stevan Jovetic, I managed to buy him for £17,000,000 from Fiorentina, paying £10,000,000 up front and £7,000,000 over 48 months.

The last of the signings was Left back Leighton Baines, I've always been an admirer of the English Left-back and thought I could bring him in, but he cost me a hefty £18,750,000.
In total I spent £46,500,000.

View attachment 286062

I had to get rid of a few players as well, trying to get some of the money back, also selling players I don't need.
The first to go was Andrei Arshavin, I've never been a fan of him, he just isn't the player he was when I first started working here. He's too lazy and doesn't deserve to be earning 52k a week, so when I offered him out for £4,000,000, I knew some big teams would want to sign him, Paris St Germain were the first team to come and they managed to sign him.

Following Arshavin out the door was Andre Santos, the Brazilian full-back isn't a good player at all. He was never going to get a game now I bought Leighton Baines and Kieran Gibbs is quickly improving, he left for Portuguese side SL Benfica.

Another player going to Portugal was Marouane Chamakh, he was decent in his first season at Arsenal, but after that he was pretty useless, I was desperate to get rid of him and he joined Porto on loan, the side paying me a loan fee of £140k a month.

A goalkeeper was last to leave. Vito Mannone was heading for a short trip to London rivals Fulham. He was never going to play when I have Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski, so I thought we should give him a chance to play somewhere else.
Quite a few young players left on loan as well.

Transfers In:
sub-on.png
Demba Ba - Newcastle - £7million
sub-on.png
Stevan Jovetic - Fiorentina - £17million
sub-on.png
Wellington Nem - Fluminense - £3.5million
sub-on.png
Leighton Baines - Everton - £18.75Million

Transfers Out:
sub-off.png
Andrei Arshavin - PSG - £4million
sub-off.png
Andre Santos - SL Benfica - £4.3Million
sub-off.png
Vito Mannone - Fulham - £1.5million
sub-off.png
Marouane Chamakh - Porto - Ln fee £140k p/m
sub-off.png
Chuks Aneke - Bristol City - Ln fee £6k p/m
sub-off.png
Damien Martinez - Velez - Loan
sub-off.png
Francis Coquelin - Lorient - Loan
sub-off.png
Nico Yennaris - Burnley - Loan
sub-off.png
Thomas Eisfield - Leyton Orient - Loan
sub-off.png
Ignasi Miquel - Notts County - Loan

Pre-Season:

win.png
Arsenal 3-0 Arsenal Reserves
goal.png
Podolski (2), Walcott (57), Arteta (80)

win.png
NEC 1-2 Arsenal
goal.png
Ramsey (62), Podolski (85)

win.png
Accrington 0-2 Arsenal
goal.png
Podolski (5), Walcott (55)

draw.png
Portland 1-1 Arsenal
goal.png
Giroud (22)

win.png
Dallas 1-2 Arsenal
goal.png
Gibbs (49, 56)

defeat.png
Seattle 2-0 Arsenal
goal.png
None

win.png
Montreal 0-4 Arsenal:
goal.png
Jovetic (7), Diaby (30, 42), Ansah (70)

Summary:
Pre-season was successful in my opinion, we managed to score a good amount of goals and get 5 victories out of 7. I was unhappy about the goals conceded but the defence has improved a lot. The defeat to Seattle was dissapointing but other than that I was happy with the pre-season.

Fixtures:
BPL: Fulham - Home
BPL: Southampton - Away
BPL: Liverpool - Home
BPL: West Brom - Away
BPL: Reading - Away

Good signings. Quality layout. Following.

August Update

The Gunners
arsenal-logo.png

August Update

View attachment 286096
Arsenal: Szczesny Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen(c), Baines, Ramsey, Arteta, Wellington Nem, Cazorla, Ba, Giroud
Fulham: Schwarzer, Rangel, Hangeland(c), Hughes, Riise, Dejagah, Diarra, Sidwell, Duff, Berbatov, Petric

Arsenal will be happy with this result, beautiful football and good team-work. Their new manager will be delighted to get a win on his first competitive game

Arsenal managed to get the first goal in the 15 minutes from a controversial penalty converted by Mikel Arteta, and it wasn't long until Arsenal doubled their score.
Wellington Nem scored on his debut in the 37th minute after beautiful passing play to make the space for him as he slotted it between the right post and Schwarzer.
Fulham did try and break Arsenal's defence a numerous amount of times during the first half, but solid display from Koscielny and captain Vermaelen assured that it wasn't going to happen.
As the second half came to a close, Arsenal dominated in possession as Fulham barely touched the ball for 5 minutes.

The second half began and in the 59th minute, a move started of by Ramsey was ended by Ramsey as he scored his first of the season with a lovely strike from 20 yards out.

Arsenal thought they had a comfortable 3-0 victory until late on with under 5 minutes left to play. Sidwell managed a through-ball to Petric as Arsenal's defence was finally broken and the Croatian striker scored a consolation goal.

Match Stats:
Arsenal:
goal.png
Arteta (pen 15), Wellington Nem (37), Aaron Ramsey (59)
yellow-card.png
Demba Ba (13)

Fulham:
goal.png
Petric (86)
yellow-card.png
Hangeland (14), Baird (65), Diarra (89)

man-of-the-match.png
: Laurent Koscielny 8.8
View attachment 286095

View attachment 286094

Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Hooiveld, Fox, Cork, Schneiderlin, Davis, Ramirez, Lallana (c), Lambert
Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Vermaelen (c), Baines, Arteta, Diaby, Cazorla, Jovetic, Ba, Podolski.

A match that involved an amazing moments, goals, and play. The events in the game that was going to be 'boring' changed the game around as the Gunners managed another win.

The first 10 minutes were dominated by Southampton, as they ad a numerous amount of attempts saved by Szczesny, they even hit the post as they nearly scored.
But then in the 34th minute, a header from Hooiveld was deflected of Szczesny and into the back of the net, resulting into an own goal and a 1-0 lead for Southampton.

When Szczesny scored that own goal, Arsenal's mood changed, they attempted shot after shot but couldn't find the net, until the end of the first half.
With 35 seconds until the end of the first half, Podolski found Ba with alot of space in the box, where Ba took a shot and scored. Half-time 1-1.

The next event was tragic for Southampton.
Baines to Ba, Ba to Diaby, Diaby to Jovetic, Jovetic to Podolski, who rounds the keeper and slots it into the open goal just 21 seconds into the second half.
in the 58th minute till the 59th minute, two Arsenal plays picked up injurys, Arteta and Podolski managed to stay on the pitch for another 10 minutes, when they both came of for Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott respectively.
Subsitute Walcott picked up a knock and had to come of after being on the pitch for only 10 minutes when he was replaced by young Brazilian, Wellington Nem.
Arsenal managed to maintain the lead and picked up the 3 points.

Match Stats:

Southampton:
own-goal.png
Wojciech Szczesny (34)
yellow-card.png
Schneiderlin (87)

Arsenal:
goal.png
Demba Ba (45+1), Lukas Podolski (46)
yellow-card.png
Podolski (5) Arteta (50)

man-of-the-match.png
: Laurent Koscielny 8.9

View attachment 286092

View attachment 286105

Arsenal have been busy in the Transfer window so far and thier gaffer has already revealed he will want to sign some more players, as well as get rid of.

Players likely to leave Arsenal are Squillaci, Djourou and Diaby.

Update:
Squillaci has left Arsenal for Wigan in a deal believed to be around £1.3million.

Update:
Arsenal sign one and sell one. Johan Djourou leaves for Turkish giants Galatasaray whilst unhappy defender Nicolas Nkoulou signs for a fee believed to be around £13-14million.

Transfer update:
Several youth players have left Arsenal on loan: Olsson, Eastmond, Henderson, Angha, Rees, Watt, Monteiro, Ebecilio, Toral and Ansah have all gone to lower league english sides.
Arsenal have also managed to bring in young Brazilian Adryan for under £1million.

Transfer Update:
Tim Krul was close to joining the Gunners, Arsenal were just short of having enough money, they attempted to sell Abou Diaby for £7million but the best they got was a loan offer for the french midfielder.

End of transfer window.

The Gunners
arsenal-logo.png

August Update Part 1:

attachment.php

Arsenal will be disappointed with the result as they slipped up after having a 2-0 victory.

Arsenal started beautifully, taking an early lead after Demba Ba found Giroud with a through ball to give Arsenal a 1-0 lead in the 12th minute.

Demba Ba then picked up a knock and was replaced by Wellington Nem in the 29th minute. 6 minutes later, Wellington Nem send in a low cross to Giroud as he got his second if the game and Arsenal looked comfortable.

Half time and Arsenal were looking good and ready to score more but a worn-out Diaby had to come of for Oxlade-Chamberlain, who didn't have the best of games for Arsenal.

First Oxlade-Chamberlain conceded a penalty in the 76th minute, arguing with the referee, Mr Marriner got the yellow out of his pocket and showed it to Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Jamie Carragher converted the penalty in the 77th minute to give Liverpool hope and score his 5th goal in 17 seasons at Liverpool.

Oxlade-Chamberlain's day went from bad to worse when he conceded a dangerous foul in the 89th minute and the referee had to show him red after 44 minutes on the pitch.

As the game looked to be coming to an end and Arsenal looking to hold, with less than 30 seconds remaining, Luis Suarez sent the ball into the box which was met by the leg of Assiadi to give Liverpool the point.

Match Stats:

Arsenal:
goal.png
Giroud (12, 35)
yellow-card.png
Carl Jenkinson (72) Oxlade-Chamberlain (76)
red-card.png
Oxlade Chamberlain (89)

Liverpool:
goal.png
Carragher (pen 77), Assaidi (90+3)
yellow-card.png
Skrtel (14), Suarez (31), Torosidis (52), Sahin (72), Allen (81)

man-of-the-match.png
: Olivier Giroud - 8.8

View attachment 286214

A score-line that doesn't reflect the performance of West Bromwich Albion, Arsenal picked up three points today as they go top of the table.

In a pretty boring first half, it took Arsenal until first half extra-time to finally beat Ben Foster as Demba Ba slotted the ball after a pass from Olivier Giroud.

As the second half started, it was West Brom who netted as under 5 minutes Peter Odemwingie found space and equalized as Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet this season.

Then in the 61st minute, substitute Lukas Podolski found a through ball to summer signing Stevan Jovetic who scored his first goal for the Gunners to put them ahead.

Then it was time for the German to get a goal, after some Demba Ba magic on the wing, the Senegalese striker played the ball into the box and Podolski managed to meet the pass and give Arsenal the 2 goal cushion.

As Arsenal continued to dominate, their was no chance for West Brom to crawl one back as the match ended 3-1.

Match Stats:
Arsenal:
goal.png
Demba Ba (45+1), Stevan Jovetic (61), Lukas Podolski (76)
West Brom:
goal.png
Peter Odemwingie (49)

man-of-the-match.png
: Demba Ba - 9.0

Arsenal draw Valencia, Udinese and FC Salzburg in the Champions League.

View attachment 286237

Arsenal were forced to a draw today after dominating the game as they picked up a point against Italian side Udinese.

Arsenal opened the scoring when a corner was whipped in and a muddle up in the box saw Koscielny get his first of the season in the 26th minute.

It wasn't long until Udinese equalized, as the first half was coming to an end, Di Natale had a shot saved by Szczesny who could only push it out to Willians who scored a into the open net.

A quieter second half saw both teams try take the lead but despite numerous attempts, neither could succeed. A Solid display from Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen and partner Laurent Koscielny didn't allow pacey striker Di Natale past them as they played a key part for Arsenal.

Match Stats:
Arsenal:
goal.png
Laurent Koscielny (26)
Udinese:
goal.png
Willians (45+1)

man-of-the-match.png
: Laurent Koscielny - 9.0

Best player so far: Laurent Koscielny, amazing displays by the full back, picking up 3 MotM awards so far as well as netting a goal, his partnership with Thomas Vermaelen has proved to be vital but despite this Arsenal have failed to keep clean sheets, mainly due to goalkeeper errors but despite this, they could have been preventable.

Notable players to mention:
Giroud: he's only scored one but as a lone striker hes an amazing player, he can pass and score, the only thing he lacks is pace.
Podolski: mainly featuring as a substitute, Podolski has managed 2 goals and plays amazing on the wing or upfront.
Demba Ba: he plays amazing on the left wing, getting 2 goals so far as well as 2 assists in 5 games.

Next update:
Reading - Premier League
Blackburn - Capital One Cup
QPR - Premier League
Transfer rumours
First person review as well as third person
will post tomorrow morning.

Giroud scored 2 against Liverpool but in the notable players section you say he has only scored one.... :p

The Gunners
arsenal-logo.png

September Part Two Update
Premier League Matchday 5 - Away.
attachment.php

Reading: 1

goal.png
Noel Hunt (56)
yellow-card.png
Leigertwood (61)
injured.png
Russell Martin (80)
Arsenal: 1
goal.png
Stefan Jovetic (23)
yellow-card.png
Olivier Giroud (18), Mikel Arteta (86)

Not the best of results for Arsenal and they would of wanted to get all 3 points, Jovetic's amazing performance kept Arsenal in the game as they dominated possession (60-40) but just couldn't find the end product.
man-of-the-match.png
: Stefan Jovetic - 8.3
Capital One Cup 1st Round - Away.
attachment.php

Blackburn Rovers:
injured.png
Jason Lowe (9)
yellow-card.png
Bradley Orr (27), Collin Kazin Richards (53), Barry Bannan (56)
Arsenal:
goal.png
Theo Walcott (38), Santi Cazorla (59)
own-goal.png
Grant Hanley OG (73)
injured.png
Stevan Jovetic (45+3), Jack Wilshere (55)
yellow-card.png
Demba Ba (45+4)

It wasn't all positives for Arsenal, two key players were injured on a long term bases, Arsenal will definitely miss Jovetic and Wilshere after this result. But Arsenal did progress to the next round, goals from Walcott and Cazorla gave Arsenal a deserved lead. What happened next was deja-vu, Grant Hanley passed the ball backwards to Paul Robinson, who completely missed the ball as it went into the back of the net.

man-of-the-match.png
: Theo Walcott - 8.2.
Premier League Matchday 6 - Home.
attachment.php

Arsenal: 2
goal.png
Demba Ba (18) Olivier Giroud (34, 72)
QPR: 1
goal.png
Andy Johnson (84)

Arsenal Managed to over-come reading in a clean match as they stretch their unbeaten run this season, an impressive goal from Demba Ba and a brace from Giroud was enough for The Gunners as they managed a victory against London Rival's Queens Park Rangers, Arsenal couldn't hold out for a clean-sheet though as Andy Johnson netted one with 6 minutes left.

man-of-the-match.png
: Demba Ba - 8.8

was intentionally going to do a 3 month update but for some reason fm-base was acting up and lost about an hour of writing, had to re-do it 4/5 times until I thought **** it going to do only the rest of September first then the rest later.

Giroud scored 2 against Liverpool but in the notable players section you say he has only scored one.... :p

Yeah my mistake, he's become a beast so far, 14 goals and 4 assista in 18 games, but thats all im revealing, have to wait for next upate ;)

Yeah my mistake, he's become a beast so far, 14 goals and 4 assista in 18 games, but thats all im revealing, have to wait for next upate ;)

Haha :p

Giroud was awful for me in the first season (I won the domestic double) he got something like 4 goals and an assist in almost 20-odd games. However for some reason, Chamakh was my best striker! He finished joing top scorer with Gervinho on 17 goals, and got 8 assists (And this was in about 20-odd games aswell! :D )

Play him as a poacher with these shouts:
work into box - exploit flanks
Wellington Nem and Demba Ba feed the ball to him to score!

Play him as a poacher with these shouts:
work into box - exploit flanks
Wellington Nem and Demba Ba feed the ball to him to score!

'Fraid I already sold him as part of an exchange deal (Along with Rosicky and £10m) To Atletico Madrid for Falcao :D

The Gunners
arsenal-logo.png

September Update:
attachment.php

Arsenal - 2
goal.png
Olivier Giroud (57),
own-goal.png
David Mendes da Silva (90+2)
injured.png
Bacary Sagna (25), Mikel Arteta (45+2)
yellow-card.png
Emmanuel Frimpong (78)
Salzburg - 0
yellow-card.png
Lindgren (11), Jali (41) Ulmer (43)
two-yellows.png
Lindgren (76)

Arsenal managed to get 3 points in front of their home fans in a comfortable 2-0 victory as they top their group.
Arsenal didn't have a successful first half as key first team player Bacary Sagna and Mikel Arteta both picked up injuries.
It took Arsenal until the 57th minute to score when Olivier Giroud found the net to put Arsenal in front. Salzburg's day didn't go to plan when Lidngren was sent of for a second-bookable offense.
If that wasn't enough, defender David Mendes da Silva headed in an own goal after a Carl Jenkinson cross.

man-of-the-match.png
: Laurent Koscielny - 8.5

attachment.php

Newcastle - 1
goal.png
Papiss Cisse (1)
yellow-card.png
Jonas Gutierrez (78)
Arsenal - 2
goal.png
Aaron Ramsey (30), Wellington Nem (88)

Arsenal managed a late win against Newcastle as the Arsenal crowd were singing the name of young Brazilian Wellington Nem.
Arsenal got of to a disastrous start when Papiss Cisse scored in the first minute, Arsenal were caught sleeping by the Senegalese striker.
But it didn't take long for Arsenal to equalized, Aaron Ramsey struck a lovely strike from 25-yards out to level the score, the rest of the first half was quite.
Demba Ba left a mark on his ex side, his 88th minute cross met the leg of Wellington Nem as the young Brazilian netted the winner.

man-of-the-match.png
: Thomas Vermaelen - 8.5

attachment.php

attachment.php

Norwich - 1
goal.png
Jonny Howson (45+1)
yellow-card.png
Michael Turner (51), Bradley Johnson (80), Anythony Picklington (90+2)
Arsenal - 4
goal.png
Olivier Giroud (16, 69, 89),
own-goal.png
Michael Turner (24)
yellow-card.png
Santi Cazorla (46), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (51)

The Giroud show was simply amazing as the French striker looks to finally found form as he scored his 6th goal in 3 games to help Arsenal maintain there unbeaten run.
Olivier Giroud opened up the scoring in the 16th minute after a through ball from Cazorla as he put Arsenal ahead. He then had a header deflected into the back of the net. As the first half was approaching, Norwich managed to Claw one back.
Another Cazorla through ball and another Giroud goal as Giroud scored a second to reclaim Arsenal their 2 goal cushion.
Giroud completed his hat-trick with a minute of normal time left after beautiful passing play by Arsenal.

man-of-the-match.png
: Olivier Giroud - 9.6

Last edited:
Errr, it says Norwich 0 Arsenal 2 but scorers indicate Norwich 1 Arsenal 4?