1, Possibly 2 Players for Barcelona

• Thread starter Thread starter Jamie92
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 917

Jamie92

Reaction score
OK,

I am currently managing Barcelona and am doing quite well. Im only in October but I'm top of the Spanish League and joint top in CL after 3 games. got a 2-4-2-2 formation going with Valdes in goal; Puyol and Pique at centre back; Dani Alves at right wing back; Mascherano and Busquets in central midfield; Iniesta in attacking midfield and; Villa and Messi upfront. The two positions/players I missed out are the ones I'm considering new players for. I use Abidal mostly at left wing back but also Adriano and Maxwell (all three arn't really doing the job for me). The other position is the other attacking midfielder; Xavi. played about ten games and hasn't assisted or scored yet which is odd for Xavi. So yes I am looking for a new left wing back and an attacking midfielder. I have thoughts of either Gareth Bale of Michel Bastos at wing back but am totally unsure about attacking mid. Please help!

Thanks and sorry for the unnecessary essay.

For attacking mid try Oscar or Ljajc(sp), neither of them are amazing but they will do a great job over the long-term

get bale for left wing back and centre attacking mid fabregas or even sergio aguero as a teraquista or inside foward

Just keep Xavi, just because he hasn't assisted or scored doesn't mean he isn't doing his job or playing well.
I've had Messi go a season playing as an inside forward only get 5 goals from 30ish games and a few other assists but get an avg rating of 7.6.

If you really must sign someone though I'd go for aguero, can either bid for him or just go in with his buy out(52mil I believe).

I wouldn't recommend investing in potential, the Barcelona board expect you to win everything so you'd be better off buying class players that will make an immediate impact.

Your in October and you've already roatated 3 different LWB's? I would recommend you stick with Abidal and Xavi and let them find their form. :)

left wb - juan vargas from fiorentina, AM, pastore, if you really need one ....
vargas - 10 mil max
pastore 30 - 35 mil max ...

Back