SpecialOne8

Reaction score
My Career:

2011-2014 Chelsea
2014-2018 England
2016-2022 Chelsea

I started out as the unknown English manager with a lot of ambitions

First season:
Adding to the automatic signings of 2011 Chelsea, i also signed my own players, the likes of Farfan, Lukas Podolski, Sime Vrsaljko, selling Drogba, Bosingwa, Hilario, Ferreira and loaning Fernando Torres to Barcelona which was a complete disaster since he got injured 2 times, 4 matches, no goals, so i decided to recall him back in the winter where he helped me with a couple of goals but didn't sparkle much.

I was the underdog almost the entire season, placing from 2nd to 5th, never getting first till late of the season. I got kicked from both the Carling Cup, and FA Cup. Lukas Podolski, Farfan and Mata were doing a great partnership in the attack, and youngster Vrsaljko was a very solid defender for his age. After a dramatic comeback against Barcelona in the Round of 16, (3-3 at the Bridge and 2-1 on Camp Nou with Podoslki scoring a screamer in the last seconds), i mopped the floor with Man city and Man Utd and got into the final against Marseille. I have also had some lucky wins in the league which eventually got me 1st place and won the big prize with 1 point above Manchester United. The final in Allianz vs Marseille wasn't going to be an easy one with league top scorer Podolski out on the sidelines, my only attacking solution was Anelka or Lukaku, so i picked Anelka. The result was fantastic, John Terry scoring an early header, Diawarra putting it in past his goalkeeper and Ashley Cole burying a late penalty to bring the first "big ears" trophy to the Bridge. It was an all around great season

2nd Season

I decided not to sell too many players and go with the cheap talent approach which didn't work out very well, with Anelka, Malouda, Turnbull, Alex out, i had to approach young players with the likes of Jose Angel, Junior Hoilett, Antoine Griezmann.

The season started well with the first games in the bag, a UEFA Supercup and FA shield in the bag, later adding a Club World Cup, but the league performance was all around dissapointing, with SAF's last ever Man Utd season, his players seemed to have a very big motivation factor and dominated the league, won it, then beat Barcelona on penalties to have their revenge on the same ground they fought in 2011 for the big european prize, also an FA cup. I did manage to pull a League Cup triumph but it didn't really help much, we finished 4th. Hoilett was a constant replacement for Farfan due to his amazing record of injuries (he kept getting injured until he retired 2 years later), and the little canadian wasn't very helpful, he did score some goals, gave some assists but he was lacking pace and consistency, Griezmann was also very inconsistent, selfish, always trying shots from ridiculous angles, ****** me so much i put him in the reserves then sold him the next summer(big mistake, he was France and Lyon's leading winger).Jose Angel did a good defensive job when replacing Cole but he wasn't that special.Fernando Torres didn't impress anyone with just 10 goals in 34 appearances mostly covering Podolski's place, also a very constant injury problem.

If anyone wants to hear more, tell me.

sounds good, and nice results, would like to hear more, but try and make more detail in the posts, and break the season down using pictures to help and add effect :)

Back