14.3.1 A Narrow 433 or 41221 (if you may) - The Finale Cut:

andrichbrand

Reaction score
14.3.1 A Narrow 433 or 41221 (if you may) - The Finale Cut:

Yup! It is me again with another tactic (that I think is a really good tactic). And possibly the last for FM14, that's the reason for the title.

Now how did I get to this tactic? Well I was, like probably everyone, the Champions League Finale. Now one think you should know about me, is that I hate the position Inside Forwards. I cant get the most out of the position. So I was thinking how do I get 3 in the box without the IF, the answer is Shadow Striker that Roam.

So attacking you will see that the CWB act like wingers and there will be 5 in the box (the Trequartista, both Shadow Striker, CM (A) and the Opposite CWB). CCC will come frequently and score is free, while being solid at the back.

So this is the narrow 433 (41221):

Formation:
View attachment 377730

For The Vita Players:
View attachment 377712
View attachment 377711View attachment 377710
View attachment 377709View attachment 377708
View attachment 377706
View attachment 377705View attachment 377704View attachment 377703View attachment 377705
View attachment 377702

Get player in the right positions, as stated in the formation.

Set Pieces:
Default, because there is no set pieces that is really exceptional.

Results:
View attachment 377728View attachment 377722View attachment 377725View attachment 377724

Magic Matches:
View attachment 377721View attachment 377720View attachment 377719View attachment 377718View attachment 377717View attachment 377716

Results for other Users:
quickzombie tested the tactic with Tottenham, here is the League Table
View attachment 594533View attachment 594535

Player Filters:
sortitoutsi Player Role Filters

Team Talk:
Assistant Manager
or
As always, trust the best: Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Training and Match Prep:
Assistant Manager
or
Team cohesion and Tactic only (till fully gelled) 50%
Balanced and Team Work or Attacking Movement 30%

** I only try the one on top you are more than welcome to try different training and give your insight **

Pitch Size:
Max

Opposition Instructions:
NONE!!!

Going Down a Player or Players:
Take off your worst Shadow Striker.

Skin I am Using:
siam14.rar | Game Front

***Please do test or try and leave your comments***

and with hard work and your help, I can help my fellow FM players to find a good tactic.​

Any changes since I tested. Im carrying on my spurs save as it went so well

Just started using this tactic with Newcastle and it seems the business, fast attractive attacking football and pretty solid at the back. Well done mate I love it

Just started using this tactic with Newcastle and it seems the business, fast attractive attacking football and pretty solid at the back. Well done mate I love it
Thanks mate, glad you are enjoying it. Keep me posted please.

Great tactic. Excellent upfront and good at the back. The collective play is really amazing to see.
I've been encountering most difficulties when playing away from home, but as usual in FM14 my players need dozens of CCCs and shots to score and the AI just needs 1-2, sometimes it's really frustrating.

I'm trying to use the tactic more in the new season with my Valencia side (2018/19). I've managed to buy a 26-years old Mario Gotze at a bargain price (28M pounds) and he's doing great things as a SS. Juan Bernat is a god either as a winger or as a fullback so he didn't really mind the tactic change :p and Antonio Valencia has gone back to United, he was too old for my standards.
My main concern about using the 4-3-3 is that Rescaldani, my main striker and holder of the European Golden Boot, is not very suitable for the Trequartista role. He's perfect as Advanced Forward (the 4-4-2's role) instead.

As a matter fo fact, I'm still using the old (and mighty) back-to-basics 442 from time to time, especially in hard games. Just smashed despicaple Real Madrid 4-0 at home :)

Great tactic. Excellent upfront and good at the back. The collective play is really amazing to see.
I've been encountering most difficulties when playing away from home, but as usual in FM14 my players need dozens of CCCs and shots to score and the AI just needs 1-2, sometimes it's really frustrating.

I'm trying to use the tactic more in the new season with my Valencia side (2018/19). I've managed to buy a 26-years old Mario Gotze at a bargain price (28M pounds) and he's doing great things as a SS. Juan Bernat is a god either as a winger or as a fullback so he didn't really mind the tactic change :p and Antonio Valencia has gone back to United, he was too old for my standards.
My main concern about using the 4-3-3 is that Rescaldani, my main striker and holder of the European Golden Boot, is not very suitable for the Trequartista role. He's perfect as Advanced Forward (the 4-4-2's role) instead.

As a matter fo fact, I'm still using the old (and mighty) back-to-basics 442 from time to time, especially in hard games. Just smashed despicaple Real Madrid 4-0 at home :)
If you enjoy the 442 back to basic I would recommend sticking to it and every now and then just switch to this one, if or when the AI pick up the tactic.

But I am glad at least one of my tactics is helping you and enjoying the game. Thanks for the support and feed back.

This seems promising at the moment. It seems fairly solid in defence. Granted, I am only playing my first friendly against a MUCH weaker team, but I've still managed to lose the game before with other tactics and have gone 2-0 up using this one, even after having a player sent off in the 22nd min. Made a couple of small changes; put shorter passing on the regista as he seemed to play balls to no one in particular, put dribble more often on the SS's as they also tried a pass, even with having loads of space in front of them, and man marked the opp fb's with my SS's (which is something I always do)

Just wondering if anyone has any idea of how to stop the FB's marking the striker and leaving the opp winger in loads of space? ONE of my biggest annoyances with this game is that the FB's ALWAYS do this no matter what instructions you give

Last edited: