1995/96 - Kevin Keegan's Entertainers - What Should Have Happened

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
th

HELLO!!!!!

The year is 1995, Euro 96 (or World Cup 2018 in this save lol) is a year away, Blackburn are champions of England and I was just 14 years old and a Newcastle fanatic. This was the season where Newcastle let slip a 12 point lead and finish 2nd in the table and also be involved in the Premier Leagues greatest ever game - the first 4-3 defeat against Liverpool.

So here I am with the 1995/96 database and I am going to play as King Kiv and see if he can do better the 2nd time round!!!!! This will be a fun save to play - it is nothing serious - and will play it when I start my next big save in a week or two (waiting for the Italian and Spanish promotion race to finish so I can complete my own database lol).

--

ALSO...….

th

I thought I would double it up and also be Craig Brown and see if I can get Scotland to the World Cup and actually see if we can get past the group stage for the first time!

--

Please comment, request player screenshots or whatever. This should be a laugh!

YES...I've got the same years database on FM17 and started a Liverpool save - a great way to change the course of history & hopefully you'll get the same out of contract options I had at the end of the first season!

th

PRE-SEASON

Not much to say here - nobody had any money. If I had it would have been worse as I would want to sign 1,000,000 players from a 18y/o Ronaldo, a 35y/o Maradona and obviously a certain Alan Shearer!!!!

As it was my DoF, Mike Rigg lol, signed Juventus wonderkid Alessio Tacchinardi on loan for the season and I brought in a regen CB.
View attachment 49696View attachment 49695

--

AUGUST

v
Newcastle United 3 (Asprilla 13, Ginola 18, 29)
Southampton 2 (Watson 30, Le Tissier 37pen)

Lineup
- Srnicek, Watson (Barton), Albert, Howey, Elliott, Lee, Batty (Tacchinardi), Gillespie, Asprilla, Ginola*, Ferdinand (Kitson)

Opening day victory! It was so nice to manage the likes of Philippe Albert, David Ginola and Faustino Asprilla!!!! Ginola was the star as he scored twice and his 1st goal could quite easily be the goal of the season as he got the ball inside his own half ran past half the Southampton team and thundered one home in off the bar.

Growing up Matt Le Tissier was my enemy as he always scored against us and sure enough he got one here.

--

v

Queens Park Rangers 2 (Sinclair 61, Gallen 78)

Newcastle United 4 (Ferdinand 1, 16, 45, 53)

Lineup - Srnicek, Watson, Albert (Peacock), Howey, Elliott, Lee, Batty (Clark), Gillespie, Asprilla (Beardsley), Ginola, Ferdinand*

Super Les comes back to haunt his former club as he scored a magnificent 4 goals here. QPR had 3 players taken off injured and I was so happy to see that Mark Hateley was one of them. Cant stand that *****.

--

v
Newcastle United 5 (Ferdinand 20, 58, Gillespie 33, Ginola 43, 65)
Sheffield Wednesday 2 (Pembridge 69pen, Hirst 73)

Lineup
- Srnicek, Watson (Barton), Albert, Howey, Beresford, Lee, Batty, Gillespie, Asprilla, Ginola*, Ferdinand

Another easy win as our attacking football proves too much for Wednesday. Ferdinand was excellent but it was the masterful David Ginola who was the star - I remember him scoring a screamer against Wednesday away in the same season.

--

SUMMARY

A great start to the season - 3 games, 3 wins and an average of 4 goals scored by us and 2 goals conceded means the entertainers are certainly back!!!! The front 4 of Ferdinand, Gillespie, Ginola and Asprilla have been immense and the defences of our opponents just cant handle us.

In the Europa League we have been drawn against PSG (Rai, Djorkaeff, 14y/o Evra, 16y/o Anelka who looks a beast), Espanyol (Pochettino) and FC Viitorul.

As for Scotland it was tough picking my first squad due to injuries and having a great personal dislike to some of the players lol. Tempting to call up a 14y/o Mark Kerr but I resisted lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAVID GINOLA

View attachment 49673

--

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 49674

Man Utd win the Charity Shield
Gary Neville scored a penalty for them - he has an attribute of 14 for penalties!!
17y/o Frank Lampard joins Aston Villa on loan

YES...I've got the same years database on FM17 and started a Liverpool save - a great way to change the course of history & hopefully you'll get the same out of contract options I had at the end of the first season!

Tbh I was torn to whether to just go with future real life players for Newcastle like Ketsbaia, Owen, Shearer, Given, Solano etc but I knew deep down that if I get the chance to sign Marco Van Basten I am taking it lol