1st season Arsenal FC

• Thread starter Thread starter panicbuy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

panicbuy

Reaction score
advice for which players to transfer to make so money available to buy a decent RB LB LM and ST
players iam after selling are chamakh djourou arshavin and maybe sagna

Baines LB,Cavani ST,Hazard AML,but why sell Sagna?

I think u should keep sagna and buy sime vrsaljko just to cover the spot. Sime turn into a very good player.

Keep Sagna man he is world class. I sold Arshavin for 15 mil to City, offered him for 15 but I feel I could have gotten more.

RB: get Van der Wiel from Ajax, he costs about 13 mil.
LB: maybe Lucas Digne as talent?
ST: I got Nilmar offered for about 8 mil, dunno id he's better than Chamakh though
AML: I bought Affelay for 1.9 mil from Barca :D

Well I'll just tell you what I did. Currently sat at the top of the league and still in all competitions come February with this team.

Sold:

- Mannone
- Almunia
- Rosicky

Got £6 mill in total from those sales

The budget was something like £40 mill so I had £46 mill to spend.

Bought:

- Afellay for £1.7 mill, transfer-listed by Barca. BRILLIANT buy
- Ansaldi £6.5mill, from Rubin. Versatile defender who can play anywhere across the back
- Borja Valero £13 mill, from Villareal. I needed another playmaker to fill in for Arteta because he gets injured/tired alot. This guy will sit back deep and get alot of assists
- Mandanda £11.25 mill, buy out clause from Marseilles. WORLD CLASS keeper
- Verratti, £1.5mill from Pescara. Just because he was amazing for me in FM10 so I thought I'd get him

Still have £9 mill left which I'm saving for youth signings/regens.

People always sell Chamakh or Park but they've been great for me. If you play Chamakh as a target man, he'll hold the ball up well and get a lot of assists and just generally make a nuisance of himself. He's FAR better on FM than he is in real life. Djourou is also far better, keep him because he develops nicely.

My advice for playing with Arsenal is to not rely on RVP and find a way to win without him because you'll probably be without him for 50% of your games. Playing Walcott as a poacher on his own has seen him score 12 goals in 15 games for me in the league, so maybe try that.

Last edited:
Back