Klootzak

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just starting to get familiar with fm so my questions could sound a bit ridiculous.
First of all I'm working on my tactics and I'm wondering what I should select as the role for my players. When I look at the report on the player and what it says about that, I wonder if I'm supposed to set it like that, no matter how I would like to let them play. For now I just set the roles in my formation the way I want them to be and I train my players for that role as well.
Am I wrong by doing this?
for example: a player is best as an advanced playmaker but I set and train him like a winger

The second question is rather simple. I started a new game with Southampton. They really have a small squad and I haven't got a lot of money (especially a little wages budget). Should I promote some players from my reserves squad to my senior squad (and youth to reserves)? I'm also looking at free agents but most of them ask high wages in the way that I could only buy two or three max. Since I can't sell/loan out a lot of players, I have a little problem.

I hope you guys can help me out, thanks anyway!

If you got a small fee wadges i would like to sell overrated players and thos who earn too much so i get money and gain in wadge.

For youre first question i suggest to ignore the report and set the players in the roles you prefer

If you got a small fee wadges i would like to sell overrated players and thos who earn too much so i get money and gain in wadge.

For youre first question i suggest to ignore the report and set the players in the roles you prefer

I'd suggest that you don't ignore the report because it's telling you their ideal role. By all means, retrain them to suit your tactics, but from the start it's better to mould the formation/player instructions around the squad you already have, slowly swapping and chaning as your progress. I.E. it'd be no use playing an Advanced Playmaker as a Ball Winning Midfielder untill you have at least increased the tackling/marking stats.

I'd suggest that you don't ignore the report because it's telling you their ideal role. By all means, retrain them to suit your tactics, but from the start it's better to mould the formation/player instructions around the squad you already have, slowly swapping and chaning as your progress. I.E. it'd be no use playing an Advanced Playmaker as a Ball Winning Midfielder untill you have at least increased the tackling/marking stats.

You are right. When i suggested to ignore the report i mean something different. I.E. if i have a player with good pace, dribbling and cross i'll use him as a winger even if the report says adv.playmaker. This could be said even for other roles like poacher/adv forward and so on. If i see a player has good stats in a certain role i'll use him in this role. if he plays well it's ok, if he doesnt play as expected i can switch him to another role

Hey http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/users/333679/Klootzak,

Just to let you know I've got a Southampton save going at the moment and getting promoted from the Championship is verry possible to answer your questions;

1. Don't worry as above if he has the stats its ok, is it Lallana by the way? Because if it is he played excellently in the first season form me on the wing eventually getting an England call up and 7 caps by the end of the summer (H)

2. I went overboard on signings capturing the signatures of 13 players and 2 on loan... but really I didn't reall need to, in retrospect I would have only signed 7 (maybe 8 as one's a youngster) and the most I paid was £1.3m

...aslo Luke Shaw is amazing (at least the way I play) and is pushing Fox hard for a place in the side and Ward-Prowse & Jake Sinclair are both on the fringes as well, there well worth using as backups...

...and in your second season you geat a great bunch of youth players, who make really good back-ups in the second season.

Hope this helps...

If you like I can post pics of who I bought etc?... :)

Hi,

I'm just starting to get familiar with fm so my questions could sound a bit ridiculous.
First of all I'm working on my tactics and I'm wondering what I should select as the role for my players. When I look at the report on the player and what it says about that, I wonder if I'm supposed to set it like that, no matter how I would like to let them play. For now I just set the roles in my formation the way I want them to be and I train my players for that role as well.
Am I wrong by doing this?
for example: a player is best as an advanced playmaker but I set and train him like a winger

The second question is rather simple. I started a new game with Southampton. They really have a small squad and I haven't got a lot of money (especially a little wages budget). Should I promote some players from my reserves squad to my senior squad (and youth to reserves)? I'm also looking at free agents but most of them ask high wages in the way that I could only buy two or three max. Since I can't sell/loan out a lot of players, I have a little problem.

I hope you guys can help me out, thanks anyway!

1-Trust ur judgement, never the scout. I use scout mostly just to see the hidden attributes. Learn what attributes best for what position, and if some of it not good, train him that attribute..

2-Look at ur squad wage and sell those who have high wages. If u cant sell, free transfer them. Basically, free the wages to get good free agents..