2 Goal collaps, 5 goal collaps, What to do?

pipodeclown

Reaction score
So I am playing with elfsborg in Sweden and no matter how big the lead I lost it 3 games in a row, the worst was vs Kalmar FF were I was 5-0 ahead and they made 5-5... I try a lot of things, lower tempo for posession, go counter, go all out, keep going. But they keep losing the lead. Any tips?

Maybe utilize the new 'touchline talk' feature and tell them to concentrate.

You do understand that your question is a stupid question unless you give more info about tactics, post screenshots and tell us what you do in the 2nd half of matches/once you find yourself comfortably ahead etc, dont you?!

You do understand that your question is a stupid question unless you give more info about tactics, post screenshots and tell us what you do in the 2nd half of matches/once you find yourself comfortably ahead etc, dont you?!

Ok I will, was just hoping for some tricks people use thats it.

I use 4-3-3 Holding DM

FB (s)2x, Normal CB's
DM is regista, I try keep high line possession play
AP(S) and BWM (S)
AML (IF) AMR (W)
S(AF)

I use shorter passing, work ball into box, Higher tempo, push higher up, play wider, user tighter marking, be more disciplined

This works quite well until around the 60th min. I lose control and I decide to change a bit.
So far I did this:

More Direct, lower line, counter style
Play 4-2-3-1 with 2x DM
Change wingers to DW
mess a bit with Duty's on roles
Try touch line team talk
Try to push on by going more offensive.

So this is it, I hope you can give me advicec on this

I change the roles depending on time and strategy

I personally would change your regista to a defensive midfielder with defend duty and put your strategy to contain late on to hang onto the results

In the 60th minute if you are leading:

1. Turn regista to dlp defense to help ball retention or anchorman defense if opposition is attacking through middle or you see you re weak there (you must watch extended).

2. Have fbs defend only.

3. The bwm should defend. Actually generally I don't like that you don't have any def duties in midfield.

4. Lower tempo lose the push higher up instruction (btw generally push higher up better works with offside trap)

5. If opposition has pacey attackers lose tighter marking.

6. Lose play wider.

in 80th minute drop deeper play narrower retain possession and drop tempo

in 85th minute:

Contain plus play safer waste time stick to positions stay on feet plus if opposition much better drop even deeper.

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed. I will try to implement these tips now.

Higher tempo... This works quite well until around the 60th min. I lose control and I decide to

Check the Stamina of your players as this sounds like they can't last 90 minutes playing your system, meaning they let sloopy goals in while their concentration slips and they don't have the legs to chase play.

Be sure to keep us posted how that works for you! I actually have more to give you when I find it 1

So first few matches in I use these, find that the Reg to DLP is key. I change from short to more direct and go on counter, with using the DLP and dropping my FB to D I get a much more stable back line AND actually play some quality counter football. If I encounter further problems I will not hesitate to ask!

So first few matches in I use these, find that the Reg to DLP is key. I change from short to more direct and go on counter, with using the DLP and dropping my FB to D I get a much more stable back line AND actually play some quality counter football. If I encounter further problems I will not hesitate to ask!

Dont like counter myself - last time I could make it work was FM11

Dont like counter myself - last time I could make it work was FM11

For me it only works halfway in a match, not from start...

I now adapted my strategy more defensifely, move everything back a bit, made my AMR a raumdeuter which actually works! I'm trying this out now with full game as ajax