2 up front

darren151991

Reaction score
I'm wondering what roles will work for 2 strikers because mine just ain't scoring. Playing 3 cbs 2 wing backs. 3 center mids and 2 up front ????

9 time out of 10, strikers won't score because of poor service. Check the roles of the midfield players and your wing backs; who's feeding the ball into them? The two strikers themselves, who's filling what role or are they both trying to occupy the same space in the box?

I haven't a clue what your tactic is doing so I can't tell you what to do.

I'm wondering what roles will work for 2 strikers because mine just ain't scoring. Playing 3 cbs 2 wing backs. 3 center mids and 2 up front ????
Most combinations can work. Depends who you have and the roles behind them. Depends on everything. Support and Attack duty pairing is usually good.

With 3 CM's i think a good solution would be a DLP in the center, and 2 BBM with instructions to attempt through balls. The two forwards would probably serve you best as a DLF/Trequartista and a AF/TM/CF - depending on player suitability.

But with a lack of proper wingers, i think 2 BBM's would be warranted - you'd also get a very dynamic team since you already have the DLP who won't venture too far and your 2 BBM's will cover the entire pitch.

4-4-2 If you are in conference, dont try to play like barca, bayern, man utd etc, keep it simple :)

Can't use 2 cbs there useless. Either 3 at the back or 2 and a sweeper. Got one promotion

If you're in the conference then I'd recommend using one as a target man and playing a more direct style of play. Works the best for me.

The obvious question is whether you have a target man and you're willing to change the way you play. That's why it's good to use roles that suit your players.

Back