20 years of playing - just had my worst EVER game - help me!

• Thread starter Thread starter Nettlecroft
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

Nettlecroft

Reaction score
So, I bought FM2013 a few months ago but only just started playing a couple of days ago. I started as Newcastle who have a reasonable squad but it was absolutely hideously bad. I've been playing once Championship Manager 2 and I've never been so awful. I think I need some help. Here are the key stats from my reign of terror:

Bought Ashley Williams to bolster defence, particularly as Steven Taylor was injured.
Sold James Perch and Danny Simpson to fund the above purchase.
Got Scott Sinclair in on loan.
Won all per-season games including beating AC Milan 3-0.
Qualified with ease for Europa league. Won first game of the season 2-1 v Southampton..... that was my last win as I went on to get 2 points from the next 15 games, scoring 3 goals in total (2 of which were accompanied by 'he didn't mean that' in commentary).
I did ok in the Europa but got so angry at my pathetic performance in the league that I ended up resigning.
I played 4-3-2-1 with 3 central midfielders (Marveaux as CM, Cabaye as AP, Tiote as BWM), 2 inside forwards (Sinclair and Ben Arfa) and Cisse as a poacher.
I had a fluid strategy and played attacking at home, counter away
In most games I didn't see a single highlight of my team
Half way through I switched to 4-4-1-1 but that made naff all difference although I did manage to draw with the mighty Reading.
I tinkered with training but that didn't make a difference either.

So, pretty depressed and I have injured my toe kicking the chair - is there any point playing on or should I just give up and concentrate on something easier like monopoly?

Help.

Liam

Its worth persevering mate. Its taken me ages to get into a game. Read some of the guides on this forum, they really helped me.

I am now Jan 2017 with Dortmund after 2 seasons with Sporting Lisbon and won the league in my second season there, and then went to Dortmund and won the league 2 seasons in a row, and hopefully a 3rd is on its way.

Once you get the hang of it, it is actually quite easy tbh

sorry to hear that bud, this edition is a new ball game :) it's no longer find a tactic and press spacebar, there is so much more you need to do :0

as iamuser mentioned, there are many great guides here, I suggest going through them :)

Thanks gents, I'll have another go tomorrow and over the weekend - I may even start with one of Raikan's tactics as they've been excellent in previous years!!

Cheers

So, I bought FM2013 a few months ago but only just started playing a couple of days ago. I started as Newcastle who have a reasonable squad but it was absolutely hideously bad. I've been playing once Championship Manager 2 and I've never been so awful. I think I need some help. Here are the key stats from my reign of terror:

Bought Ashley Williams to bolster defence, particularly as Steven Taylor was injured.
Sold James Perch and Danny Simpson to fund the above purchase.
Got Scott Sinclair in on loan.
Won all per-season games including beating AC Milan 3-0.
Qualified with ease for Europa league. Won first game of the season 2-1 v Southampton..... that was my last win as I went on to get 2 points from the next 15 games, scoring 3 goals in total (2 of which were accompanied by 'he didn't mean that' in commentary).
I did ok in the Europa but got so angry at my pathetic performance in the league that I ended up resigning.
I played 4-3-2-1 with 3 central midfielders (Marveaux as CM, Cabaye as AP, Tiote as BWM), 2 inside forwards (Sinclair and Ben Arfa) and Cisse as a poacher.
I had a fluid strategy and played attacking at home, counter away
In most games I didn't see a single highlight of my team
Half way through I switched to 4-4-1-1 but that made naff all difference although I did manage to draw with the mighty Reading.
I tinkered with training but that didn't make a difference either.

So, pretty depressed and I have injured my toe kicking the chair - is there any point playing on or should I just give up and concentrate on something easier like monopoly?

Help.

Liam

try these mate View attachment 339891 View attachment 339892

Last edited:
Ive had this problem. I play as my supporting club, Leeds. But Ive had that many saved games where i get the sack because i don't do well enough. Finally, albeit after the game update and Leeds finally had some money to spend, i got Leeds promoted through the play-offs 1st season. Just mid way through 1st time back in prem and im sitting 11th more then 11 pts clear of the drop... I play 4-2-3-1 & 4-4-2. Switching between the two makes a difference as the opposition may of trained to play you against the other formation that you don't use. Plus in the old saved games i played with a Fluid strategy but found my players where moving from position too much and leaving holes for opposition to move into. So Ive turned to rigid and yes i still concede but i seem to be scoring more to win the game.

Use 4-4-2 its a great tactic it works with almost every club ive been with

Instead of just creating a tactic, build a tactic suited for your players stats. Fast, dribbling wingers? Pass out wide with through balls etc. Find your strengths and keep playing!

I went through this when i first played this years game,And ive been playing since 99/00 edition,

Takes alot of getting used to..I read through alot of guide's listened to other peoples way of doing things and changed a few things to suit myself,

Sat down and created 3 tactics..Then started a save with TNS in Wales which is a really easy league to start in,And got used to the game that way? Went on to win 7 league titles,7 premier league cups and 7 Welsh cups And a Europa League Then moved on when i felt like i knew the game more! Give it a shot going a Biggish team in a poor league :)

Back