leedslegend83

Reaction score

View attachment 249195

26 OCT 2013

Villa Park

Jon Fallows (sportinglife.com)

“Are you excited at the prospect of managing in England?”

Jeremiah Walsh

“I am excited about the opportunity to start something special here at Villa and can’t wait to get to work”

Alex Ramsey (Sky Sports News)

“The facilities at the club are great, how excited are you by the opportunity to work in such an environment?”

Jeremiah Walsh

“I am beyond excited about the facilities but realize that we will have to work hard, otherwise the facilities are all for nothing”

Nigel Hallam (The people magazine)

“In leaving your previous job at Lech Poznan in Poland to take the job here at Aston Villa, you disappointed a number of fans, do you regret that?”

Jeremiah Walsh

“I have no hard feelings towards anyone at the club and wish them much success. I am 30 years of age now and had to realize this opportunity that was given to me, it’s the best move for me at this point”

Tommy Walford (K!CK! Magazine)

“New head coaches often bring times of upheaval and some at the club might fear for their job’s, will there be any changes?”

Jeremiah Walsh

“There will be a full evaluation of the staff and squad and anyone that I consider deadwood will be let go, or listed and we will look to strengthen the squad and staff from there”

Mark Whealan (The daily mirror)

“How involved do you plan to be in the day to day running of the club?”

Jeremiah Walsh

“I wouldn’t be much of a manager and wouldn’t think we would have much success if I didn’t get involved everyday. I will bring in some top staff to help with the workload but other than that I’ll be there day in and day out”

Chris Murphy (Owner & Chairman)

“Thank you all for coming out this AM for the introduction of our new manager, after careful consideration and maybe even a little deliberation we think that this young man can take us back to the top of the EPL where we belong. First things first, we have a match this evening so we would like to thank you once again for coming out and we appreciate the questions. Thank you”

View attachment 249196

26 OCT 2013

Hillsborough Stadium

Elliot Burch (BBC Radio 5 Live)

“A win in your first competitive match as Aston Villa boss, could you have hoped for a much better start?”

Jeremiah Walsh

“I think all in all we played well, we certainly have things we need to work on and we will address that in training this week. It will take us a couple of weeks to get on schedule with a couple of new coaches coming in and a new formation the lad’s are trying to catch on to. That being said I’m happy with the first match here at Villa”

Jon Fallows (sportinglife.com)

“Gabby Agbonlahor had a very solid match scoring 2 of the 3 goals, what did you make of his performance tonight?”

Jeremiah Walsh

“I think he played very well and took his chances well. He had a certain confidence that you would expect from a player of his caliber. I expect him to work hard in training to continue getting these kind of results on the pitch”

View attachment 249197

View attachment 249198

In related news Aston Villa have let Emile Heskey go on a free transfer and he has decided that he will retire. For all other Aston Villa news, transfers and information stay tuned to Sky Sports News.​

Back