2nd string players

• Thread starter Thread starter avfc1053
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

avfc1053

Reaction score
I have been playing FM (CM in it's previous life) since first developed. The one thing that really bugs me is the continual moaning by 2nd string players that they should be playing regular 1st team football.:@

To ovecome this annoying problem would it be a good idea to buy players with high loyalty and low ambition if they are to be used in squad rotation? I haven't, as yet, done any research on this subject but wonder if anyone else has managed to overcome the problem

Regards
avfc1053

Basically the only way to get them stop moaning is to let them play regular football. You can try and offer them new contracts with Backup status instead of Squad Rotation, or you can choose to offer them to clubs on a loan basis and then loan them out. This will keep them happy as they play regular football. But I think you want to keep the players in case of injuries? Then the first suggestion would be better. However, as you stated, players with better loyalty and lower ambition stats would be less likely to want to be transfer listed.

Last edited:
Signing players on back up contracts does sound the best option. Just finished season so time for a clear out and to get some new faces in.:)
Thanks Drizzt.

Yeah against weak teams always look to play a few of the back-up players

Good point tiraths!! I don't like losing though so tend to play strongest team for every game (even early rounds of Spanish Cup). :)

I hear you here, my biggest problem is the moaning back up keeper (made my thread on just that)
Carlo Nash Sulking because he thinks he deserves first team football, when Howard is twice the keeper he is.

I hear you here, my biggest problem is the moaning back up keeper (made my thread on just that)
Carlo Nash Sulking because he thinks he deserves first team football, when Howard is twice the keeper he is.
Yeah, the biggest moaners seems to be the GK's, but with me it is normally my third choice keeper. The first choice always play the important games and Champions League, and the second choice will play League Cup games and low reputation clubs. Normally I must pray for one of my keepers to get injured as an excuse to play the third choice.

Its a bit extreme, but I sometimes sell all my keepers (apart from first choice) then loan a backup keeper. Loaned players dont moan about first team football

billy jones happily sits on the bench for a premier lague team season after season. he can play accross the back four and defensive midfiedl too. hes a great utility man

Haha! Had the same problem too, thats y i kip 2 keepers in my senior team right nw n push the 3rd one into reserves n loan it out when it is the right time & it works. They did nt whine about it|).

With Bohemians I always play a second string team in the early rounds of the Leinster Senior Cup, EA Sports Cup and FAI Cups. I have three keepers and none of them complain even though two have key player status! My second keeper plays most matches when Villafuerte is on international duty for Ecuador and I give Matt Gregg the odd cup or league game against weak sides.

Back