3 unbeaten seasons in a row with different clubs

hugocasal

Reaction score
With correct type of players this tactic is unstoppable. These are my total career stats in 6 seasons with 3 different teams.
Screenshot_637.png

I am doing a Pentagon save and I already won Asian CL in my 5th season and now I'm managing Seattle Sounders.
Screenshot_638.png

Like I mentioned before you need some specific players for this tactic to work properly. First of all you need a tall Pressing Forward with good heading.
Screenshot_639.png

This is my Pressing Forward, Owusu's career. As you can see he was a mediocre player at best but the tactic makes these kind of players very OP. I used Dimata, Selke and Poulsen in different PL teams ad they all had over 7.5 avg rating. However, if you want your PF to score like this you need great wing backs, if you can't afford both get a good right wing back.
Screenshot_640.png

Right wing backs are assist machines with the tactic. After these two positions importance order is AF, DLF, BPD and midfielders. I didn't notice if GK's make a difference or not tbh.
Some screen shots from my pentagon(6th season 3rd team) and newcastle(3rd season) saves:
Screenshot_641.png

Media Predicted that Seattle will finish last at the start of the season
Screenshot_642.png

I came to this club at the start of 2023 and left at the end of 2025
Screenshot_643.png

I am still shocked to see how well this tactic works. Even with the simulation test that I did with Fiorentina they came 2nd in the league without any transfers.
Feel free to ask anything

Attachments

• 5-2-3 narrow.fmf
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,564
2022-01-08.png

So far, I like everything! There was a draw in the match against Spal, but I changed formation at the end of the match and missed ( Let's see what happens next )

Ok, wow! 7-1 in the first game with this tactic with Milan. Giroud got 45 minutes as the pressing forward and scored three headers.

Could you list important stats for each position? Like the Advanced forward, should be Quick? Or Big?

Also, any traits you'd recommend?

Look forward to trying this once i know more :D

Love the look of this tactic! I've just finished my relegation beating season in the championship with Crewe and not yet entered preseason so this would be the perfect time to try this out.

Have set pieces been tweaked at all. Any particular training sessions you think would help? Attacking wings or over/underlaps?

Gona give this a bash and will report back with my findings squire!

You need a tall pressing forward....but use low crosses? Seems counter-intuitive. Will try it out with a team in lower divisions and see how it fits.

Have started trying this after wanting to try a 3/5 at the back as I was conceding too many with the 4222. THIS TACTIC WORK WELL!

I am undefeated with my Leeds team (in 26/27 season). I have tweaked slightly, changed the CM to Roaming playmaker/Advanced Playmaker depending on player and opposition, and have tried different methods of arranging the front 3. My main change is trying two AF and one False 9 or DLF in the centre, compared to the two F9/DLF with a AF in the centre like the main tactic. Both give good results, I just feel the two AFs give additional options, rather than both DLF/F9 feeding in to one "front" main striker.

Defensively this is very good, as expected, will continue using for the rest of the season, great work OP (y)