3D Match View: Like a good old record.

nevwiseman

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I might be showing my age (40ish) but I must say I am really starting to like the 3d match view. The little things that happen' like the medicos coming on for an injury, and players in a line for penalities shoot out and come alive to run towards the goals when they win on penalities. I know this has been always the case with the 2d view, but now it kind of reminds me of old subbuteo days with the figures. The guys at sports interactive are fans of computer games past, so I like how you can take a top down view like you use to do with Kick-off a computer game in the 90's. Take the graphic addons that people are doing here, like the sponsors addboards, and this is really grwoing on me like a good old song that you like. Sure there is obvious room for future implementations, like stuff with the grandstands, maybe more on pitch graphics over the varying seasons, but I kinda like the nostalgic feel of this 3d view. The beaut thing is that the data is miles ahead of the fifa manager which I have , and which the graphics are good. But I really find myself wanting to spend more time on Football Manager 2009 , because of the overall addictive feel to it (I don't think that's never gone away over their previous releases). Anyway, I think it's a great start of the bridging of 3d and data to enrich our playing experinces, and I'm sure this will only get better for future releases with the help of great people on these fourms that contribute so much to to this enjoyable experience :D

I'm glad to see new faces and some1 who like FM.. It's more than game (:)
Everytime FM gettin' better and better :)

I like the 3D match engine too. I love the little goal celebrations you sometimes see.

I just don't like how much computer resources it all takes up for something that isn't amazingly good looking. If someone can play Crysis or Far Cry on computer it seems a little ridiculous to me that they can have troubles running FM 2009.

Yeah, My computer Specs. pretty average but could do with upgrading my RAM yet sometimes on FM when it's loading up something the screen goes black for a few seconds

can someone actaully tell me how to get onto 3D view. i can only get 2D. what do i have to do ?