4-1-2-2-1 AML strong defence->strong atack

doru228

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is a tactic i created for my steaua team.
I want to share it with you, because if it works for you as good as it works for me, you will become a great manager in no time :)

So, here are the playing roles:

WB support duty: good tackling, aerial ability, crosing, dribling, positioning
CB defend duty: tackling, marking, pace, acceleration, aerial ability- both will score from corners
Anchor man: god tackling marking, stamina, aerial ability, passing
CM automatic duty: good tackling, stamina, aerial ability(i use 2 DM in that position, really helps keeping the possesion)
Inside forward atack duty: acceleration, pace, crosing, teamwork, finishing(train him to place shots if possibly)
Traquerista: passing teamwork finishing crossing, dribling
DLF atack:pace, acceleration, finishing, composure, teamwork(train him to pace shots, round goalkeeper or shot with power)

i'll post some pics with the players:

View attachment 205978View attachment 205979View attachment 205980View attachment 205981View attachment 205982View attachment 205983View attachment 205984

And for the results:

View attachment 205985View attachment 205986View attachment 205987

Some impresive results:

View attachment 205988View attachment 205989View attachment 205990View attachment 205991View attachment 205992View attachment 205993

And now for the tactic:

View attachment 205994View attachment 205995View attachment 205996

No shouts, match prep left to ***. manager, oi left to ***.manager

Please try ang give feedback

Needs some tweaking by the looks of it, in the screenshots above, the other team have created as many or more CCC's than you have- although you got the result.

Needs some tweaking by the looks of it, in the screenshots above, the other team have created as many or more CCC's than you have- although you got the result.

sugestions?

sugestions?

Change the anchor mid to a def mid support, this means he'll get involved with play when going forward, and he'll do a lot more work for your team than an anchor man. Make the tactic more symmetric, I've tried to make tactics like that in the past and they should work on paper- but they never do. Change it to a diamond? What are your Personal Instructions for your centre mids and your treq?

Change the anchor mid to a def mid support, this means he'll get involved with play when going forward, and he'll do a lot more work for your team than an anchor man. Make the tactic more symmetric, I've tried to make tactics like that in the past and they should work on paper- but they never do. Change it to a diamond? What are your Personal Instructions for your centre mids and your treq?

latest result:

View attachment 206282

going to test it with defensive midfielder, still don't want to weaken the defence

View attachment 206279View attachment 206280View attachment 206281

Last edited:
OK man, I even prefer defensive mid (Defend)

For now, with smaller teams possesion has been improved with about 5-7%, sometimes 10%...
still courious when i hit bigger teams in CL,

Defence seemss to hold like before.
I\ll post again after the double meeting with sevilia in Quarter finals