Reaction score
This tactic is based on recycling possesion as quick as possible by maintaining a highly efficient team shape.

If you want your team to play possesion football and control the match, then this tactic is for you – even if the team’s Mentality is set to Defensive.

Most players will contribute to all phases of play, within a very fluid system (despite the totally opposite Team Shape instruction). You will notice that most of your players will get goalscoring chances.

Formation & Roles
View attachment 200269

Team Instructions
View attachment 200268

Mentality: Defensive
Team Shape: Highly Structured

I’d recommend you to neither change Mentality nor Team Shape, at least until you understand the tactics.

Ideally you want fast full backs that can send a cross and hard-working box-to-box type midfielders.

I prefer having box-to-box type midfielders even in the AMC positions.

Place wingers as you wish; if they are very fast then you’d rather play them on their prefered foot, as they are more likely to send quality crosses.

You Striker and the two Centre Backs won’t run as hard as the other outfielders.
Caution! This tactic doesen’t work very well in away matches.

Download:
http://theraumdeuter.com/football-manager/fm16-tactic-home-4-1-4-1ultra-possesion/

View attachment 199707
View attachment 199705
View attachment 199701

Last edited:
I think the linked tactic is different to the one in the article.

Yeah macca72, noticed that aswell, would love to give it a try!

Would love to see some screenshots of your results, match stats, league tables, player ratings screens and so on.

link doesn't work. Gets stuck in 99% then crashes.

It worked now with the mirror link. I'm going to try with Criciuma in the Brazilian Second Division.

I've added some screenshots although I'm not sure it's entirely relevant as I use various tactics, but as you can see, this one was the most used one...