4-2-2-2 box attacking (Brazil, Pellegrini, Simeone, Mancini) Excellent...

nikolal

Reaction score
Valencia CF

The reason why I used this tactic is because Valencia has limited financial power, so i had had to adapt to the available players. I didn't think that I will have much of the success, but I am delighted how it worked out.
I sold Feghouli, one of the best rated players and some other players that I didn't need , and bought Wanayama, M.Jansen and Van Der Wiel.

Defence:

Central defenders (Central Defenders - Defend)
Otamendi, Mustafi and Vezo are rotating...

Wing backs (Wing Backs - Attack)
Van der Wieland J.Perreira on the right side...
Gaya and M.Jansen on the left side...

Midfield:

Defensive Midfielders (Defensive Midfielder - Defense and Ball Winning Midfielder - Support)
J.Fuego, Wanayama and Zuculini are rotating...

Central Midfielders ( Advanced Playmakers - Attack)
D.Parejo, A.Gomes and F.Augusto are rotating...

Attack:

Strikers (Deep Lying Forward - Attack and Advanced Forward - Attack)
Rodrigo, P.Alcacer and Negredo are rotating.

The idea is to be compact in midfield, central attacking oriented with direct passing. I don't have dominant possession but I create lots of clear cut chances and shots on goal.

You can see screenshots that will show you the rest.

View attachment 323083View attachment 323082View attachment 323081View attachment 323080

Such an honest post i like the concept . why use normal central mids? would it be better if using roamers?

It is good idea, I like it.
I was busy these days, haven't started second season yet.
Fede Cartabia is coming back from loan. I really rate him high as a player, and I would like to fit him somehow in the team.
The problem is that he is playing as a right or left winger, and I really enjoy this tactic. :S
Since Negredo is leaving soon, I am thinking to switch to left striker and right attacking midfielder (Inside forward) instead of two strikers.
Fede could be right inside forward, Paco striker, and Rodrigo could rotate on both position.

By the way, thanks for the reply... :)