Status
Not open for further replies.
A complete waste of time.

Every year people suggest that they should have some use, but it is always decided that doing that would mean it ended up like FIFA Manager, which no-one wants...

Yes. I like to see how far can I get with two-year deals and adding £25k each time though. Currently £350k/week, FM10 record was £600k/week.

Would be nice to see some use for your money in FM12.

A complete waste of time.

Every year people suggest that they should have some use, but it is always decided that doing that would mean it ended up like FIFA Manager, which no-one wants...
tell me about it
spending your wages a car:D
and you can stare at a picture of the car for doing so:p
not thats what football management is all about

Are they?

Not entirely is my experience.

It seems that it is more likely to get a job you have applied for the closer your contract is to expire - i dont have any proof of this but so it seems - especially while having lower reputation. Can anyone confirm if there is a programmed cost for the clubs buying you out of contract?

And then it can be a great challenge against friends. I once had a network going on with a friend and the ultimate goal and decisive factor of who would "win" the game at the end was the life time earning under your manager profile

no, higher your wage, the more the board will consider not firing you.

Giving you a million dollars after firing you is a big deterrent

Not entirely is my experience.

It seems that it is more likely to get a job you have applied for the closer your contract is to expire - i dont have any proof of this but so it seems - especially while having lower reputation. Can anyone confirm if there is a programmed cost for the clubs buying you out of contract?

And then it can be a great challenge against friends. I once had a network going on with a friend and the ultimate goal and decisive factor of who would "win" the game at the end was the life time earning under your manager profile

Contract expiry date is not wages. Yes clubs do have to consider buyout fees I *think*, if youre unemployed you get more chances than in a higher profile job, I believe anyway.

Wages however, are pointless. Simply a number for the narcissistic

Yeah they are. but they're there to add realism.

But what use would they have in a game like Football Manager. Seriously!?!?

again, as I said before your buy out increases as your wage increases.

It can be useful.

Yeah they are. but they're there to add realism.

But what use would they have in a game like Football Manager. Seriously!?!?

Could buy a club that would be fun, would make playing a save for longer than 6+ seasons worthwhile.

Could buy a club that would be fun, would make playing a save for longer than 6+ seasons worthwhile.
Yeah I thought this would be fun as well. Buying a small club and then building it from there. Only problem would be they would have to add tons of depth in regard to upgrading facilities, buying/renting stadiums, selling shares of your team to other people...setting ticket prices, so on and so forth.

The situation seems to be the 1 feature people like from Fifa manager is the ability to spend wages etc, but alot of people dont like it. They should just add something similar to FM2012 and have an option at start of game to choose if you want it on or not. I know some people think it will take away from the game but i personally like the idea. Although of course it would be silly and uneeded to go into details such as going on the weekley shop, and having to virtually drive yourself to training.

They have many uses such as ... wasting virtual money when it could have gone to little children in poverty.

Status
Not open for further replies.