4-2-3-1 Attack!!!

HalaMadrid09

Reaction score
Hello all. After making many different tactics and some being good others being bad, I have created a tactic which I think is superb.

It is a standard 4-2-3-1 View attachment 300119 with View attachment 300120

THe new download link is the tweaked tactic which worked a lot better for me.

These are some results before I made this tactic ( using others ) View attachment 300121

And these are using this tactic View attachment 300122

Now onto the games.
The loss against Juventus was stupid. 3 goals from headers and 1 from a CB mistake. I was very unlucky not to score and felt I should have at least a draw. ( Tactic was not fluid )

View attachment 300124View attachment 300125View attachment 300126View attachment 300123

All the other games, I could have scored more as I created more chances but it wasn't to be.

Now, I have only tried ATTACKING with this formation. Home + Away against everyone so far I have been ATTACKING.
Also, this tactic was based on my players, who are very good in each position. I do not know if this tactic would work well with say Wigan or if it would work well with Chelsea.

With the player roles. Some of my players play in different positions and have different roles to what is suggested. IE :

My CB is a Limited Defender. I play him Central Defender and D
Iker Muniain and Viktor Fischer and both Inside Forwards. 1 being a AMC and the other being a AML.
I play Muniain AML and Fischer ST as a Complete forward. Some times I swap them round in game, or make subs and move Muniain AMC.

My attackers can each play in different positions which gives me the freedom or switching them around when things don't work out ( which so far hasn't occurred )

You need a good winger who can cross / dribble / finish / take on players / move around the pitch.
My Winger can chip in for goals, gets plenty of assists and plays well overall.
AMC is your playmaker, however he must be able to score and shoot. I use Isco / Thiago / Muniain.
AML is your Inside forward. Your main goal scorer I would say. Again I use Muniain / Fischer.
Your ST must be able to do it all. Provide and Score.

Some of my players attributes.
My BWM who can play as my DLP I have noticed and who is very good overall.
View attachment 300127

My RB who can play CB ( I play him RB )
View attachment 300129

Some of my forwards
View attachment 300130View attachment 300131View attachment 300132

This tactic might not be the best defensive tactic around, but it makes plenty of chances each game, with the ability of your players, you can score 3/4/5/6 ect each game.
I get my assistant to do training / match prep / pre match instructions.

IF people want to test with a lower team and maybe change to Counter then by all means do so, but please let me know how it goes so I can edit around and make it work :D

Last edited:
Just got a 2-2 Draw at Home to Cagliari.

My BWM got a red 27mins in. I should have won tbh, had more chances / more CCC / hit the woodwork. They just hit me on the counter. Moved the AMC to RCM and made a sub.

Some more results
View attachment 300177

For both Italian cup games, I opted to play youngsters and I have many injuries and my players needed a rest. A 3-0 loss then a 3-1 win put me out, but I was happy with that.
For the Juventus game and Pescara game, I dropped both wingers to LM + RM so I was playing 4-4-1-1 and it worked a lot better for these games. ( I'm not saying it is a better solution ) just worked better against Juventus due to their 3-5-2 formation.

View attachment 300182

I was really unlucky not to score. Most of my players went down to around 50-60% fitness :(
Got 8 days before we play again, but got to play Napoli in 4 days. My players are going to die :|

New season starting and I believe the tactic will show now through a whole season.

Beat Inter Milan 4-0 in the Super cup. They had 7 shots, I had 28

To truly test a tactic you need to do it in the first or second season really because the further you go into the game naturally the stronger your team will be. Is your AC Milan squad of 2017 stronger than that of 2012? I suspect it is. Try this with a new save with a brand new team an see if it is a successful for you :)

As much as I would, I wouldn't enjoy it at all starting again.

I could Holiday say 3 teams though for around half a season.

Wigan / Dortmund / Blackpool

Going to do it on Classic to make it faster.

I am being Liverpool / Swansea / Fleetwood.

I am not doing any transfers. I am loading up the game, then making the strongest team, and then holiday to Dec 31st

Back