4-2-3-1 BWM Tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter Serghey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1K

Serghey

Reaction score
Hello everybody,I'm new to this community, although I've been playing FM since the CM series (I've started with CM3). I created this account in order to share some of my tactics and also get new information about players and other tactical systems.My latest tactic that seems to work very well at good teams and world class teams (for me, a good team is Udinese in Serie A, Villarreal in Spain or Tottenham in England and world class teams are Man Utd., Juventus, etc. - Barca and Real are above all, as they have incredible players and i think any tactic would work for them :)).I think it's important to mention the fact that I only play for one season lately, in the first league of a championship, usually with a "good team" (in my opinion). The challenge is to win the title within that first season, using as many players as the team has at it's disposal, minimizing the transfers. I also play a lot with my friends, and the competition is really challenging, so i try to develop tactics that almost guarantee success (almost :)).My latest tactic was build to work for Udinese, playing against my cousin who was with Fiorentina, the goal being to finish above him in the table. I ended up winning the Seria A title comfortable against much better teams like Inter, AC Milan or Juve (my cousin didn't do so bad either, finishing 3rd as i recall).This is the original framework View attachment 221829, but i must insist that it was used for the players that were at my disposal at Udine, and it needs adjustments in order to work at other teams, with a different set of players. My philosophy, at it's core, is based upon this principle : don't make players do what they can't! To be more precise, if your full back has a dribbling attribute of 11, fairly poor in my opinion, but high speed, good crossing and you decide to play him with a support role, it would be wise to set "run with ball" to rarely, as he won't be so efficient doing it, resulting in loosing the ball in your own half sometimes, leading to a counter attack. This can be extrapolated to any other attribute of any player in your first team. On the other hand, let's say you have a central midfielder with a high long shoots attribute (let's say 17) but he also has a preferred move "shoots form distance", again, it would be wise to set long shoots to rarely, as otherwise he will shoot every opportunity he gets, leading the loss of possession more often then to a goal. View attachment 221829 This is my initial tactic. But as i said, you'll need to make adjustments depending on your team.The most important features of this game plan are: 1) Corners - You will need to set them at near post and you'll need a good center back, tall and powerful (Samba is a great option, but for teams that cannot afford him, Kara is just as good provided you'll train him the position, as he is DM naturally) 2) An organized defense against set pieces, all your tall players should be back when defending corners or free kicks, also using a fast player forward for the counter attack. 3) A good Advanced Playmaker/Trequartista for the AMC position, as he is your most lethal asset, I know they are difficult to find and expensive, but my suggestion are: Di Natale, Giusseppe Rossi, Thiago (on loan, really good), or at least try to find someone who matches this type of player. 4) Very good Ball Winning midfielders, one with a support duty and one with a defense duty. I recommend Kwadwo Asamoah, Andile Jali, Radja Nainggolan, Gaby Mudingay (although he is quite inconsistent), Walter Gargano, Palombo, Lars Bender, Fellaini, Fernandinho, this are the type of players you'll be after. Other specifications: it doesn't matter on which side your inside forward and your winger are positioned. If you have a player like Bale in the team it is obvious to me that your IF will play on the right side. If you have a player like Valencia, then your IF will be on the left side (this is just an example, you will be the one who decides this). 5) Your full backs can be played with any role, as long as at least one of them has a support duty. The other one can be set to defend/support/attack depending on your preferences and of course, the type of player you have. Here are some screen shots with my teams and players: View attachment 221830 , View attachment 221831 , View attachment 221835View attachment 221834View attachment 221833View attachment 221832 , View attachment 221836View attachment 221837View attachment 221838Of course, you won't score 7 goals in every mach, but i think, based on the results, it's a pretty good tactic. I'm sorry that i don't have the save with Udine, but i think my cousin has it, and i will upload some screen shots with them too. Lastly, i never cheat at this game, and by this i mean i never save and load a game in order to get the result. This is why I believe this tactic is good, based on my results. I hope you'll find it useful as well.* Excuse my English, as I'm not a native speaker, I'm from Romania :)

Last edited:
Back