how to get the best player growth out my players?

Kewell 7

Reaction score
in my leicster save i've decided to only sign young english players except a few experiences english players to help them along. i've never really known how to get the most out of there potential though what kind of things should i be doing? how do i set up decent training regimes for them? what kind of staff do i need?

just pretty much what is the best way to grow my players. thanks very much :)

Depending on how many staff members you are allowed i usually go for...

2 GK Coaches
2 Fitness Coaches
2 Physio's
1 Attacking Coach
1 Defensive Coach
1 Tactical Coach
1 Ball Control Coach

Give your players playing time if they're not going to get alot of game time loan them out to a club with good facilities but the p;ayers who are at the club get them tutored by someone with good determination.

i usually click the thing so the assistant does it and just set it to average.

The main way for your players to improve is for them to actually play games at a decent level - so U21/reserves isn't enough.

If I don't think a young player (18-20) will get at least 20 full games a season I loan them out.

When arranging loan deals be sure to make sure they will be at least 'First Team' and I always include the option to recall - in case they are not getting games.

If you keep them at the club make sure you use the time to tutor them and train any PPMs you want them to have.

When tutoring make sure the senior player has a high determination, work rate and leadership to ensure the younger platyer is highly motivated in training. Then keep an eye and make sure you train there PPMs with a quality star coach in that area. Give them the right game time/ loans and you cant really go wrong!

When tutoring make sure the senior player has a high determination, work rate and leadership to ensure the younger platyer is highly motivated in training. Then keep an eye and make sure you train there PPMs with a quality star coach in that area. Give them the right game time/ loans and you cant really go wrong!

Tutoring is a double-edged sword this time around - be careful with it. IF the ambition of the tutor is high (which there is no proper way of finding), then the young player will also get it, and in turn want to start more games even as a hot prospect. I had this problem with Vallejo when I got him tutored by Jones.