4-2-3-1 Quickmaster 12.1 (HenryLegend14)

HenryLegend14

Reaction score
Hey guys, I will now upload the first tactic I ever have upload on fm-base. It's a 4-2-3-1 formation made in classic mode. I have tried and tried to make a 4-2-3-1 tactic that dominates the most of the matches. Now I finally think I've made it. After testing with some different teams and get great results in a few matches, I started a save with Arsenal to see if it works. After 16 matches, 13 wins (all with minimum 3 goals), 2 draws, and 1 loss after extra time against Spurs (In this match I gave almost the whole first team a rest, because they all were tired).I didn't want to test it more on the Arsenal save because I'm convinced that it isn't necessary. I'm so happy too see that I have made a tactic with high goalscoring and good defense. The mostly goal conceded were from corners, but I don't think it's the tactic, but the patch.

Goalkeeper:
Use the best goalkeeper available. Just think about having a keeper with good reflexes, one on ones, handling and positioning.

Centrebacks:
Here it is important to have fast defenders. They don't need to have super pace, but should have at least 12 on accleration and pace. It's also important to have good tackling.

Fullbacks:
Here is it important to have good offensive fullbacks. Pace, accleration and crossing are important. He should also have defensive attributes as tackling and positioning.

Centre Midfielders:
One of the most important position in this tactic. It makes a big difference using good players here.Makes sure that the players are both good in defensive and attack. I have used Song and Arteta. Arteta are not the best defensive, but he is ok. Song is not the best offensive, but he is ok. Tackling and passing is important. This players will be in front of the centrebacks in defence and make most of the play offensive. They will have a lot of the ball and just pass it around.

Wingers:
This players will score and assist goal. Make sure they have pace and finishing, creativity and passing is great too. I have used Gervinho on the left and Walcott on the right. Gervinho have 10 goals and 10 assist (8,28) and Walcott 2 goals and 5 assist (7,58). I don't know if this is the quality of the players or if it is better with right footed players on the left and left footed on the right. You will have to make that decision yourself. But every player I have used there has played over (7,50), and is very important, so make sure to use one of your best players here in this position.

Attacking Midfielder Centre:
The main creator in this tactic. He will play good passes all around the pitch, he will get many assist and score some goals too. Important player in the attack. He needs passing, creativity, technique and first touch.

The Striker:
Will score many goals if he has quality. I've been using van Persie here and he has 13 goal on 10 matches and a rating of 8,07. Chamakh and Park have also played good here. The striker need finshing and composure. Pace is great, but van Persie have only 14 in pace, so you don't need to have a superspeeder. Off the ball is also really important.

Stuffs to know:

Match Preperation:
Defensive Position on high all season.

Team talks:
It is good to say " Go out the and impress me " in a passionate way. After that you say individualy to every player " I think there's a lot more to come from you and I completely believe you've got what it takes" in a passionate way . That should help to get your players positive. If you are down at half time, say " I am not happy with your performance out there" in a aggresive way. That truly works. I was down 1-0 at half time, and then I said it. We won 4-1 after a fantastic second half. Use this teamtalk and you will win matches

Pitch size:
Maximum, You must use the biggest size you can play with.

OI:
I don't use it.

Well, I hope you will try out my tactic. You will not be disappointed if you do it right. You can download the tactic in the bottom. Well thats it. Hope you enjoy it :)

View attachment 212861View attachment 212862View attachment 212863View attachment 212864View attachment 212865View attachment 212866View attachment 212867View attachment 212868View attachment 212869

Download link:4-2-3-1 Quickmaster 12.1 (HenryLegend14) - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Last edited:
I'm Arsenal on my save and it works perfect. After 19 matches in PL I have won 17 matches and two draw and I'm currently unbeaten in all tournaments. Thank you very much for this fantastic tactic :D

I'm Arsenal on my save and it works perfect. After 19 matches in PL I have won 17 matches and two draw and I'm currently unbeaten in all tournaments. Thank you very much for this fantastic tactic :D

Well, I'm not surprised that you are doing it fantastic with Arsenal, they were my testing team.

Now I'm testing the tactic with Hinckley in Blue Square North, and they are predicted on a 21st place.
I've played 5 matches so far, started with a 1-1 draw, and then 4 victories in a row. I'm coming with screenshots
after the season is done. But right now I think I can get promoted too the Blu Square Premier. I've have bought some
new players after the draw, and now I'm playing fantastic. I have scored 16 goals in 5 matches, so the attack is great. 4, 3, 4 and 4 goals in the mathes I've won. I have conceded 4 of seven goals from corner.

Some thing I've noticed in the teamtalk is: That it is good to say " Go out the and impress me " in a passionate way. After that you say individualy to every player " I tink there's a lot more to come from you and I completely believe you've got what it takes" in a passionate way . That should help to get your players positive. If you are down at half time, say " I am not happy with your performance out there" in a aggresive way. That truly works. I was down 1-0 at half time, and then I said it. We won 4-1 after a fantastic second half.

Oh, now I have 9 victories in a row with Hinckley. I think it really works with teams in Blue Squre North. Just buy good players and make sure to use the match preperation and team talk as in the OP and absoulutely use max pitch size.
Phil Younghusband have scored 18 goals in 9 matches, thats impressive by my striker. Now I don't care about attributes I have wroted in the OP. I signed a good assistant manager too judge player abilities and player potensial, and then sign the best player available.

Last edited:
great tactic, using it for my man city save, aguero i an animal upfront, scored me 25 goals in 17 games! thanks man!

Thanks alot for your tactic. It has work well with the low league team. I'm playing Selangor in the Malaysia Super League. We went 30 games without a lost and finally lost the final game of the season! haha

Manage to win the Malaysian FA Cup, Super League Title Cup.

My Paraguayan striker has bagged me 40 goals in 33 games thus far!

This tactic is also great on corner kicks. My DC has manage to head in 14 goals!

I'll play Selangor for another season or two- trying to win the Asian Champions Cup then hopefully I can look for a job in England and work my way up to the Premier League with this tactic!

BIG THANKS!!!

For me is the best tactic on 12.1... a lot of clean chance, not only one player score, a lower league team I played win league 4 times in a row... if U love combination tactic, when everyone in team have a chance to scroe U must try it... my opinion 11/10!!!

I'm trying this out with NewCastle United now. I'll post again once I get some games in.

Will try with england hope this tactic will make england win the world cup .

Been using the same tactic here....but the focus is more to attacking. Use defensive when facing bigger teams and away.

It is good attacking but my Newcastle team let Grant Holt score 5 times as I lost 5-4 :(

Awesome tactic.
I'm going to win premier league with ManU (Last match to play is against Blackburn and Chelsea is second with 1pt less)
I'll play Real Madrid in Champions league final
I won the fa cup and will beat newcastle (i hope) in Carling Cup final

Thanks a lot !!

For those who want to know, I'm not playing with the last patch

(Sorry if my english sucks)

finished the season with man city, i own every competition and only lost 2 games in that season drawing 1, aguero got me 78 goals, and my wingers got me 50 assists between them, and my AMC got me 35 assists, amazing tactic, currently using it with man u now and i am winning 5-0+ each game almost!!

Back