4-2-3-1 Striker

• Thread starter Thread starter Montanaro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

Montanaro

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just curious what you all think is the best type of striker for a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I'm debating on whether or not pace is of any use for strikers in this formation. I have a striker now with 12 pace who lights up the net, and when I put in strikers with 15+ pace, they don't do so well (I realize this could be from a range of variables)

I play short passes mostly, and the ball is worked into my 3 AMs, the striker also contributes to passing the ball and crossing on occasions. There just isn't too many opportunities to have a fast striker chase down balls.

So if I have a choice, should I go with a striker with 18+ pace and 12ish finishing, or a striker with 15+ finishing and 12ish pace?

it will from a range of variable, put up screenshots of the strikers. but it sounds like your slow striker is strong, links well. lone strikers alwasy to better if they are the strong type rather than the weaker pacy type

I don't have anywhere near that money, I just got promoted to Greece's top league.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

it will from a range of variable, put up screenshots of the strikers. but it sounds like your slow striker is strong, links well. lone strikers alwasy to better if they are the strong type rather than the weaker pacy type

yeah that is what I'm finding out. I love pace, but I think it's more important for my AMR and AML than my Striker.

I`d personally use a tall target man with a good header and jumping in this formation because wings can feed him with crosses. He can go for the goal, or put his amc in a position to shoot. With a pacey striker it is better that you play deep defence and on counter attacks to maximize his strenghts (ofcourse feed him with run onto ball)

i play as higher defensive line as possible, counter attack on and offside trap on, extremely pacey AM's and ST with good a DM and two CM's with normal width and normal tempo and Hulk has been top striker for the last 3 seasons, scored over 45 goals in all comps and have won numerous titles with my tactics here, maybe try the tactics here mate, if i play 4-4-2 i have my AM as wingers and when i play my 4-5-1 i have my AM as Advanced Playmakers Attack as they cut inside and support the St so give that a shot! it works really well... :D
View attachment 55990View attachment 55991View attachment 55992View attachment 55993View attachment 55994

I ended up signing the young Belgian Jelle Vossen.

17 finishing, 14 composure, and 12 or 13 pace. Problem is his jumping and heading are both 9.

I have him sitting in the AMC slot right now behind Anderson (Striker for Pro Vercelli on pre 10.3 patches). He gets looks at goal, and is a good passer, so it works. Anderson is a club favorite and a solid striker in lower leagues and I just can't drop him yet.

I think in the winter transfer window, I may look for a good heading striker, I have about 1.5 transfer and 1.5 wage budget.

Back