todortodor

Reaction score
I have played FM for many years and I never wrote about my experiences in FM. You all know very well that the tactics based on the players you have available. If you are a famous coach, you can afford to buy players that fit the game you are forced into. My tactic will bring you victory, but you need to buy players that fit her, if you do not already have. Also what is important to a few things that are not directly related to tactics. Create a team with at least 23 + players, and give everybody the chance to play. Players learn by playing and getting experience, will also not be dissatisfied.

Condition is important

I play the most with my favorite team AC Milan, combine youth and experience and it gives good results with this tactic. I made the first and second team, first team plays in the league, another team playing in Europe. With this schedule I keep fit players in both teams, and so both teams will produce better results in matches in which they play.

According to my experience, morale is very important, but if you have a good condition, you can easily upgrade the performance of games if you're in crisis results.

Do not place in the starting lineup players with condition of 92% and less! Only as a substitute during the match !

First, this tactic is only recommended if you plan to play offensive football and all players in the defense and middle must have a good defensive attributes.

FORMATION 4-3-1-2

I always play in this formation, only change a tactical settings depending on the results, even when I lose I stay at this formation but tactically trying to put stronger pressure on the opposing team back line.

formation.jpg

TEAM INSTRUCTION

Here you have to recognize the quality and potential of your players and set your tactics in relation to it. Maybe Starting Strategy may be Standard, but if you have good players who handle the ball, let it be Controle.

Passing Style: Default until you buy all excellent players play Default, then you can Direct passing
Closing Down: Press More It is important to make pressing the opposing players in order not to easily organize attacks, bad teams under pressure are more likely to lose the ball and you will open the possibility of attack.

Tackling: Default It is important to you, all players in the middle, and defense, must have good Tackling. If you have players with good Tackling, good mental and physical attributes, you can set a More Aggressive. But if you do not have a lot of these players, set a More Aggressive, if you see that the players can not take the ball to the opponent in midfield and easy access to your 16m.

Primary Playmaker
In FM 2010 this is important role for my team. In FM 2010 for me at position play maker was Sergio Agüero and it has worked wonderfully over 15 seasons. In FM 2011 Demo i try Ronaldinho and Sedorf as playmaker but I was pleased with the results. For good 10 you need player with fine physical and mental attributs. Of course technical is important.

teamtactic.jpg

GK (Best: Rene Adler, Julio Cezar, Petr Cach etc)

Standard, but Mentality more defensive to prevent unnecessary running out.

playerinstructionGK.jpg

DL/DR (Best: Gaël Clichy, Philipp Lahm, Fábio Coentrão, Darijo Srna, Sergio Ramos, Maicon etc)

Role: Full Back
Duty: Automatic

Very important for this player is good physical attribut, tackling, passing and technick. DL/DR in my tactic play more in attack, and play more as wing, because need to have good attributs for midddle.

playerinstructionDLR.jpg

DC (Best: Alessandro Nesta, Giorgio Chiellini, Gerard Piqué, Nemanja Vidic etc)

Role: Center Defender
Duty: Defend

All standard, I personally prefer, a little difference in mentality, but both the defensive.

playerinstructionDC.jpg

MC

I play with 3 MC but each has different tasks in the game. It is important that everyone have a good defensive attributes.

MC 1 - (Best: Javier Mascherano, Gennaro Gattuso, Esteban Cambiasso, Daniele De Rossi etc)

Role: Central Midfielder
Duty: Defend

playerinstructionMC-1.jpg

MC 2 - (Best: Pirlo, Daniele De Rossi, Xabi Alonso, Cesc Fàbregas, Xavi etc)

Role: Advanced Playmaker
Duty: Support

playerinstructionMC-3.jpg

MC 3 - (Best: Daniele De Rossi, Michael Essien, Pirlo etc)

Role: Central Midfielder

playerinstructionMC-2.jpg

AMC (Best: Lionel Messi, Andrés Iniesta, Wesley Sneijder, Kaká, Mesut Özil etc)

10, such as Totti, Maradona, Messi etc is a very important figure in the game, if the AMC is good enough can be a playmaker, and it would further quality up. This player needs to be best, must have all the attributes for attack and defense so good.

playerinstructionAMC.jpg

ST

You can not play football with two strikers of the same type, they must differ in the tasks.

ST 1 (Best: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney, David Villa etc)

Role: Target Man

playerinstructionST-2.jpg

ST 2 (Best: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o, Gonzalo Higuaín, David Villa etc)

Role: Complete Forward
Duty: Attack

playerinstructionST-1.jpg

All this is in general, a tactic depends on the type of player. I lead AC Milan, and I'm not satisfied with many players, but the tactics and also gives excellent results. With several new players the game quality would be much higher

STATISTIC FROM LEAGUE MATCHS

leaguetable.jpg

matches.jpg

playeslist.jpg

IN HOME MATCHES

Average AC Milan Shots Per Matche: 14.7
Average AC Milan Shots On Target Per Matche: 5.9 (35.8% Efficiency)
Average AC Milan Possession Per Matche: 55.6%

Average Opponent Shots Per Matche: 6
Average Opponent Shots On Target Per Matche: 2.7 (20.8% Efficiency)
Average Opponent Possession Per Matche: 44.4%

IN AWAY MATCHES

Average AC Milan Shots Per Matche: 11.1
Average AC Milan Shots On Target Per Matche: 4.9 (31.2% Efficiency)
Average AC Milan Possession Per Matche: 51.8%

Average Opponent Shots Per Matche: 6.9
Average Opponent Shots On Target Per Matche: 2 (22.2% Efficiency)
Average Opponent Possession Per Matche : 48.2%

TOTAL MATCHES STATISTIS

Average AC Milan Shots Per Matche: 12.9
Average AC Milan Shots On Target Per Matche: 5.4 (34% Efficiency)
Average AC Milan Possession Per Matche: 53.7%

Average Opponent Shots Per Matche: 6.4
Average Opponent Shots On Target Per Matche: 2.3 (21.4% Efficiency)
Average Opponent Possession Per Matche : 46.3%

Download tactic: http://www.mediafire.com/?ic7e39z8ssh4t7a

Last edited:
Brilliant, really brilliant op.

great work , i used to own tactics till fm 2008 , now i'm back and yours looks really nice .
gonna start with testing it with Man City , i'll keep you informed

question : defensive corners : nobody holds near or far post ? just most on man mark and that's it ?
why no ballwinning mid instead of one of the centrals mids ? does the defending central mid defend as much as a ballwinning mid on defend ? confuses me

Last edited:
great work , i used to own tactics till fm 2008 , now i'm back and yours looks really nice .
gonna start with testing it with Man City , i'll keep you informed

question : defensive corners : nobody holds near or far post ? just most on man mark and that's it ?
why no ballwinning mid instead of one of the centrals mids ? does the defending central mid defend as much as a ballwinning mid on defend ? confuses me

Tnx,
I think you're right, there is a problem with the defense corner. I received 3 / 9 goals from the corner, plus two situations when a corner kick after a bad setting influenced the reffered to award the penalty opponent team. Usually I watch the matches in 2D, because it is so a faster computer, so I do not see all the details. Now I looked at all the goals in 3D.

In FM 2010 at the beginning of the game I had a problem with easily received goals from corner kicks. Now defensive players covering a man, players from the middle is just back in the 16. With these tasks, which give the players, I not received a lot of goals from corner kicks. Sometimes receive gol but not often. Defense corners see the images of individual players settings. But now I see that missing setting for the LB and one MC ... :(

Okey you you can try the ultra-defensive tactics of defense corners, difficult to open a counter attack.

LD/RD - Mark Man
2xMC - Mark Man
1xMC - Mark Near Post
DC - Mark Tell Player
AMC - Close Donw Corner
ST (Target) - Go Back
ST - Stay Forward

Or maybe opens the possibility of a counter attack

LD/RD - Mark Man
1xMC - Mark Man
1xMC - Edge of area
1xMC - Mark Near Post
DC - Mark Tell Player
AMC - Close Donw Corner
ST (Target) - Go Back
ST - Stay Forward

INFO: I was wrong topic, this is a tactic for FM 2011, but was first used on FM 2010 over 20 seasons, but with a few modifications.

if we want to have counter possibilities i'd opt for 2 players -> stay forward ( 1 striker and amc )
i have put 4 players on direct passing ( lb ,mc , amc & left sc ) , i will put the rb on direct passing when i get him ( vd wiel ) , so 5 players will have direct pass , maybe the two fullbacks will be too much but we'll see

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/...outine-defending-and-attacking-no-t33534.html
this set pieces as base i took ;)

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:40 AM ----------

i'm continueing testing this tactic ( with my own minor tweaks )
tweaks i made or i think of :
* gk has weard mentality : maybe i'll put that normal
* reduced long shots ( fullbacks and mrc + mlc +amc ) to none
* mrc : i made a ballwinning mid of him but plays same position
* att + def corner tweaks
* analysing passing system : i think i will put 3 players on direct short passing ( amc , scleft & mc or mlc)

Last edited:
Looks very thought out, though i'd have waited until the full game was out to release as some things may change...

i am trying it with man city i sogned de rossi, adler,coentrou and cheilliene i will post my reesults at the end of the demo:)