4-3-1-2 Tactical advice needed - Newcastle United .... help?

phillipCRY

Reaction score
Guys, I'm a huge fan of making tactics on my won and always try to watch the real soccer matches as much as I could to get an idea to create tactics. Recently, I've been in charge of Newcastle United ( as a matter of fact, I always played as a manager of NUFC )

I was interested in 4-3-1-2 which was frequently used by C. Ancelotti when he was in AC Milan.

But my tactic is pretty much far from his.

Let me show you my tactic first.

View attachment 173981View attachment 173980

I managed them 3rd in PL in the 1st season. And 2nd in PL and won Europa League in the 2nd season.

I'm content with the result. Because I tend to remain Newcastle United's players and just brought

Ajer, Cresswell until winning the Europa League.

Btw, the question is that whenever Ayoze or Mitrovic received the ball on both flanks and ready to cross the ball, there are not that many players in the box. So I'm looking forward to Ajer (BBM) or Sissoko (BBM) moving forward into the box rather than staying behind. How can I make them move forward?

And last but not the least, as you can see, this formation's biggest weakness is both flanks when Cresswell or Janmaat moves forward. Therefore, most of goals that I conceded were from crosses.

Thanks in advance.
And sorry about some typos or mistakes cuz English is not my mother language. :)

Changing Capella from Support to attack would be my first move it you want players in the box.

Thx

Changing Capella from Support to attack would be my first move it you want players in the box.

Thx for your advice. Another tactic that I have, I used him as an attacking role of Advanced Playmaker.

Of course, he hit the nail on the head almost every matches. But whenever I had a match against stronger teams, such as Arsenal, Man city, and Man Utd. He was not that impressive.

In a completely ****** senario. Have you tried having you're 2 strikers running the channels and manually man marking the full backs you wanna keep pinned back and having Cabella as a SS into that space?

In a completely ****** senario. Have you tried having you're 2 strikers running the channels and manually man marking the full backs you wanna keep pinned back and having Cabella as a SS into that space?

I've never tried SS in my tactic. I should've tried that before. Thx for your recommendation.

Then should I change one of my BBM to AP? Cuz it seems like there is no player who's able to convey the ball

if I change Cabella from AP to SS. Doesn't it matter?

I've never tried SS in my tactic. I should've tried that before. Thx for your recommendation.

Then should I change one of my BBM to AP? Cuz it seems like there is no player who's able to convey the ball

if I change Cabella from AP to SS. Doesn't it matter?

Or just have one of your BBMs to make more direct passes. Also, about the getting into box, you could see if you could train players to get into the opposition box, if you dont wish to change your tactic too much.