Team Instructions

View attachment 101578

Opposition Instruction

OIs are on opposition GK only

Tackle Harder Always
Close Down Always
Weaker foot Always

Training

General training - Team Cohesion until at least strong. Then change to balanced.
Match Preparation - Tactics during pre-season, then Defensive during season.

General Comments and Screenshots

First time poster, long time forum reader and player!

This tactic has worked wonders for me as the the screenshots below will show. It prioitises winning the ball back quickly to start counter attacks high up the pitch but manages to keep a robust shape whilst doing so.
Width is provided by the wing backs and the ML/Rs cut inside like inside forwards.
This tactic is based on the way modern top teams play, and it works, which is a testament to the developers.
It scores A LOT from corners which I will explain further down which can help break the dead lock when the front 4 are having a bad day.

When using an underdog/mid table team you will probably notice results in the 2nd half of season are worse than 1st half. I think the opposition re-***** the ability of your team at the halfway point and either step up their game or play a more more cautious approach, I can't confirm why exactly this happens.
EDIT I've realised this is down to opponents beginning to use defensive tactics, a fix for this is detailed further down the post.

Corners

Make sure your best two corner takers are the two players in the "Go Forward" position, these are the least useful corner positions so it won't matter if one of these is the corner taker.
For example the screenshot below shows MR and AMC as "Go Forward" roles as these are my players who may be taking corners. All other positions have key roles in either scoring directly from the corner or getting to the second ball and providing a second delivery.

View attachment 101574

Bookings/Red cards

If a player picks up a yellow card then take them off hard tackling. This should do the trick. However in some rare occasions some players don't seem able to reliably avoid the 2nd yellow card. If you notice this pattern then sell these players.
If a player gets sent off then remove the AMC. If two or more players get sent off, then good luck :p.

Player training/types of players

This tactic has performed for me even when I've made no concerted effort to bring specific types of players or train players in a certain manner, but in anticipation of questions regarding foot preference:
Right WB - right footed and left WB - left foooted
MR/L - No foot preference

EDIT

Moving The Bus

This bit is not essential but to get some extra points it will come in handy. All my screenshots below were from just using the Iron Lotus and never using Move The Bus so if this is too much micromanaging then ignore it.

As mentioned above teams will start to play more defensively once you start doing well. For underdog teams this is usually at the halfway stage of the season. When using a larger reputation team, the opponent (if they are underdogs) may already use defensive tactics when they are playing away from home.

To counter this I've created the "Move The Bus" tactic.

When to select it BEFORE the match:
You are a big team on a good run and at home against a poor team on a poor run.
You are a small team but you have reached halfway through the season and are near the top of the table and you are at home against a poor team on poor form.

If in doubt always start games with The Iron Lotus

When to select it during the match:
When you see the formation window in the screenshot below display any tactic with "Defensive" in its name. Always play with this window open, if the opponent changes during game to "Defensive" then switch to "Move the bus" tactic.

View attachment 94874

Move The Bus

View attachment 94873

Move The Bus TIs

View attachment 94872

Closing comment

I am assuming anyone downloading this tactic has at least a basic understanding of morale management and team selection. If you do, I'm confident this tactic will perform for you.
Don't change any TIs and PIs, unless its for experimental purposes and you've found a way to get even better results :D

Screenshots (Used Move The Bus for a few games with Shangang and San Jose, hadn't created it before the other saves)

Platinum Allstars - Nearly went unbeaten all season but lost penultimate game. Predicted 7th

View attachment 101566

PEC Zwolle - Predicted 11th
View attachment 101565

Ajax away with Zwolle
View attachment 101564

Chinese League Win with Shangang (predicted 3rd but wanted to try it with a team that is favourite in most games, I also won the Asian Champions League)
View attachment 94871

Comfortable Arsenal league win
View attachment 94200

League win with San Jose (got to the east vs west playoff final but lost!)
View attachment 91657

Coventry City (predicted approx 15th position)
View attachment 101567

Enjoy.

-4-4-1-1 DM The Iron Lotus _2E5C774E-DFBD-4A77-BC04-2E6FC50E15F6
View attachment 94870

Last edited:
This looks great, giving it a whirl with Atalanta second season in Serie A. So far 2 games, 2 wins.

Fantastic post mate, also nice to see the Regista role being used. This sort of formation has caused me quite a few problems in the past and I really hate coming up against it (6) Perhaps time to try it for myself soon enough!

Fantastic post mate, also nice to see the Regista role being used. This sort of formation has caused me quite a few problems in the past and I really hate coming up against it (6) Perhaps time to try it for myself soon enough!

Thanks, I was using Defensive Midfielder (support) in earlier versions but I changed due to tackle harder being locked on. Haven't looked back since!
Think Sean Dyche likes this formation with Burnley in the game.

Wow! Regista my favourite role irl
Twice? More is better :D

could this possibly be tweaked into a 4231? played my opening games with everton and won 2 and drawn one but the players everton have dont suit the wide midfielder positions, so would it be possible to move these to IFs or would it spoil the tactic?

could this possibly be tweaked into a 4231? played my opening games with everton and won 2 and drawn one but the players everton have dont suit the wide midfielder positions, so would it be possible to move these to IFs or would it spoil the tactic?

You probably could, since the MR/L play like inside forwards, might effect how the team defends and wins ball back though. If you want to play safe keep the players as MR/L.

I've used players who weren't ideal candidates as Wide Midfielders and they've got player of the season. I don't look into how suitable the players are for role, I'm pretty sure it makes no difference.

As long as the players are at least competent in the ML/R position I would keep them as MR/L. If it says they aren't good at the Wide Midfielder role then ignore it.

Let me know how you get on either way :)

It can be a great underdog tactic like it

SM-N920C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Sorry been off the forum for a while.

Agreed it does work great for underdogs, but also I've used it with some more favourite type teams as you can see in the two more recent screenshots and it's had some great results.

I've also added a secondary tactic to be used when teams revert to defensive play. Helps break those teams down a little bit better.