Miller815

Reaction score
Hello,

I play an attacking 4-4-2/4-3-3. Whilst my tactic has been consistent in the years I have utilised it, it does have issues at the back. Now I ponder whether this is due to players or a tactical issue. My formation looks like this and the tactics can be seen to the left.

View attachment 172449
Sorry I dont know how to increase the size. This is the same tactic that I use for my Man utd and Atletico team but because its on my network game I cant show my atletico team. In previous seasons we have defeated teams by a strange scoreline, most notably we defeated AC Milan 7-1 at home. This used to happen like 4 or 5 times a season but this isnt happening this season .For players and roles I will happily give you the run down.

GK: Renan, Asjeno, De Gea
DR: Full Back Support: Miguel Torres, Juan Valera
DC: Central Defender / Limited Defender (Both defend): Burdisso, Otamendi, David Luiz, Gabriel Milito
DL: Full Back Support: Antonio Lopez, Miguel Torres, Dodo
MR: Winger Attack: Pedro Leon, Claudiney (regen), Simao
MC: Ball Winning Def: Ignacio Camacho, Javi Garcia, Sergio Busquets
MC: Advanced Playermaker Support: Raul Garcia, Miguel De Las Cuevas, Angel Di Maria
AML: Winger Attack: Angel Di Maria, Miguel De Las Cuevas, Simao, Maxime Lestienne, Zezinho
FC: Deep Lying Forward Support: Edin Dzeko, Artem Milevskyi (Target Man), Diego Forlan
FC: Poacher Attack: Sergio Aguero, Javier Saviola

Our main issues are that we have a habit of conceding silly goals, we cannot play control and on big game occasions many players dont 'turn up', for example a recent European game saw Otamendi play a 5.0. This happens frequently. Furthermore Aguero isn't having the kind of season that on previous seasons he has.

Now what I'm looking for is tactical tweaks/changing of roles, not an alternative formula. For example on other posts I have read that the partnership of central defend and cover is good. Or alternatively maybe increasing my width would be good or increasing the tempo. I have taught Di Maria to play AMR and cut-inside but he has very little effect.
Currently we also have out on loan Vaclav Kadlec, Andrej Kramaric, Marco Verratti and Jano Anandize (who hasnt developed as well as I had hoped)

Any quick assisstance is greatly appreciated. I will try my utmost to answer any questions which you may need in helping me.:)

Maybe your team needs more time, looking at your team it seems you have made a lot of major transfers so maybe your team needs time to gel or adjust to changes.
You could also try being more assertive with your team, tell them exactly what you expect in certain games however be warned this could affect morale :)
If nothing you try works then you may need a major tactical overhaul :)

Good luck.

thanks for the reply.
many of the major transfers are very much integrated, with the exception of Dzeko who is literally refusing to learn spanish. what a pain. Team talks in recent games have been essential as feedback seems to suggest that im doing the right thing. credit must go to the team talk thread for that.

in recent news my atletico team won the league after 4 seasons in charge with 97 points - scoring 104 goals and conceding 35 -were working on it(last day of the season, real dont make it easy) and we could be on for the domestic double as we play barca in the spanish cup final.

tactically we seem to be playin better now however consistency is lacking any tips for this?? furthermore is there a way to get players to integrate quicker, again it be Dzeko.
also is it me or are Almeria the most impossible team to break down. I swear they park 10 buses in their own half as a means of preventing me from playing.

Also if anyone wants this tactical formula to have fun with i will post it tommorow evening.
Lastly where is everyone? lets atleast try and resuccitate this board.

in all i am incredibly happy with my teams recent success

Consistency is always my biggest fallback! Again, to try and overcome this, try using teamtalks to make the players know what you expect. If i play a weaker side and am a firm favourite i always use "Expect a win."

Also look at your *** man advice before kick off to see if anyone is complacent. If so tell them you expect a performance!

I would also like some more advice on consistency if anyone could help :)