belenguven

Reaction score
I have been playing this game for about 15 or 16 years now (basically championship manager 1998-1999) and never posted a single post since or never downloaded any tactic off the other users. So far I have used this 4-4-2 asymmetric or some might call 2-2-2-2-2. This tactic worked for me perfectly since football manager 2009. However, due to new features and overhauled tactic creator (of course removal of the sliders) this tactic was 'debunked' by FM and I tried new ones over and over again. However, could not find a solid adaptable tactic that will apply to most leagues or one might call this 'one for all tactic'. After working on different tactics and different leagues I finally fine-tuned 2-2-2-2-2 and adapted to the new system. I tried this particular tactic with Tottenham, Sevilla, Atletico, Valladolid, Galatasaray, Goztepe, Southampton, Santos, Bolton, Blackburn, AS Monaco, SLB, Wolfsburg and Middlesbrough. It is evident now after more than 200 hours of trying to fit this tactic it works perfectly. As you can see I tried to try the tactic with stronger teams as well as the weak ones in order to compare the results. Also, I thought different leagues and players might react to it differently, but it did not make a difference. I am now sure that this is a tactic for most leagues and teams. However, if you want it to be successful, you have to follow certain guidelines.

1. Pre-season training and match preparation: (Make it 6 weeks) First 3 weeks of the pre-season training should be set as 'team cohesion' and the other 3 weeks should be 'Fitness' but make sure you arrange the intensity to very high. As for match preparation if you are trying this tactic the first time I advise you to choose 'tactics only' until season starts. If you are team is familiar with the tactic I advise 'def. positioning' but tactics only can also be used however I got better results at the start of the season with def. pos. when my team was familiar with the tactic. Also high match training basically excluding the match day itself a full day on your schedule should be reserved for match preparation.

2. Team building: It is a tactic where certain qualities are looked for in players. DCs should be fast and agile (Zouma, Balanta, Rojo and similar ones). WBs should have a high tackling rating. MC's should be tall (preferably above 1.80) and should not lack passing. Ws should be pacey with high crossing rating, off the ball and finishing. as for STCs they have different roles, for TM I use players like Drogba or Cornelius so basically anyone who is tall, strong, high heading, teamwork and workrate (believe it or not finishing does not matter that much anything above 13 will do). For advanced forward use someone pacey and has high off the ball this is really important for closing down and looking for open space. In addition, I got to say that this tactic worst best with players who have high physical attributes rather than technical.

3. During season training and Match preparation : Fitness-Average (do not try anything different, I did and it most likely won't work) as the tactic is mostly about possession and passes I use attacking movement however if you have a weaker team in the league, I advise using def. positioning for away games when you are encountering a stronger opponent.

4. Opposition instructions and team talks: I prefer to do these myself but I tried it with assistant managers as well and it works (Just get an assistant with high tactical knowledge, motivation and judging player ability)

5. Consistency is crucial: Lastly, if you sell or buy too many players that will effect your entire team play. If you build your team up based on this tactic you should not have any problems but if you keep changing your team they won't be able to adjust as it is not a common tactic.

PS: All players in the squad should have high condition in order to get the best results.

I hope that all of you will be satisfied using this tactic.

Cheers!View attachment 415505

Last edited:
As for explanation how the tactic works (I thought it would be clear when you see it for yourself in the actual game but site has requirements as far as I see). So when attacking you build it up from the back from your defenders. They either pass it to wing backs or MCs. Sometimes if there is enough open space they send direct balls to strikers and wingers. WBs usually pass the ball to AP but sometimes if the TM is open they send direct balls to him. However, if they see an open space to be exploited they pass the ball high up the pitch. AP passes the ball to wingers or to strikers and falls back to his hole. BWM tries fast and simple passes in order to play around the ball faster and without the risk of losing it also when wingers or AF needs help due to Very Fluid system he looks to make himself available for passes to keep possession. Wingers are roaming around the pitch and expressing their creativity. They either cross the ball, pass it to AP or TM, try killer balls or shoot when they cut inside the 6 yard box. I Ws instead of IFs in order to keep the width of the attacks to exploit the spaces between defenders. TM either passes the ball to wingers, AP or AF. If he has an empty space behind him he makes a run for it and try to score. AF usually looks for open space for himself in order to exploit the width among defenders. As for defending the defenders go up and try to stop the attack and keep the ball in the opposition half. WBs close down and tackle. BWM falls back due to fluidity and tries to get the ball. AP also falls back and hussles the opposition AMC or MC. Ws fall back and hassle the same opponent as WB. He falls back and chases the opposition Ws to get back the ball. AF tries to intercept passes among defenders or from goalie and hassle opponents in their own half to force them for mistakes. TM falls back to midfield and tries to get the air ball or puts pressure on DMC. Corners are a really good way to score goals since you have a TM who is strong and challenging the opposition GK (consider it as a strong defender in attacking corners). However, I could not find a 'setup' for my attacking free kicks so please feel free to recommend.
There is a lot more to explain but the main outline is pretty much this. I would recommend playing this tactic and seeing it for yourselves. Have fun!

Really impressive stats youve got there with Gala! :)

HAving one question before testing it, do you change anything facing greater opponents or away from home?

ciao

Really impressive stats youve got there with Gala! :)

HAving one question before testing it, do you change anything facing greater opponents or away from home?

ciao
well depends if I am on an away game against chelsea for example I use def. pos. on match preparation instead of attacking movement other than that nothing because if you watch the tactic when defending players close up more play narrower and already the defensive line drops deeper due to passing preference. so just use it and enjoy ;)

View attachment 414996View attachment 414995View attachment 414994View attachment 414993Also think about the fact that after the Sivasspor game (right before Tottenham CL) Cornelius was injured for 4 months, Robben for 4 months, Corchia 4 months, Hamit 7 to 8 months and Rojo for 4 weeks. I don't even know without key players how I made it to CL Final but apparently if your squad is fluid with this tactic, morale is high and conditions are high sky is pretty much the limit.

Hey guys I wanted to check if anyone tested the tactic. I am getting the best results ever so please do post if you try it out!