4-4-2

• Thread starter Thread starter No7Lukeee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 797

No7Lukeee

Reaction score
Why do I continuously find my-self struggling and even losing against the 4-4-2 formation? Regardless of what team my opponent is they always dominate me if they use 4-4-2. I've been searching my *** off for an explanation and what/how to beat it. I'm finding several people responding saying play a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 to counter it having more in midfield, I've been using 4-2-3-1 for my whole time playing this game and not once have I dominated a team that were playing the 4-4-2. Am I the only one having trouble against this formation?

I have the same problem vs teams that play 4-4-2, most games are really tough. (even though I have a better team by far)
And even more their ****** winger beats my fullback with 16/17 tackling and even more acceleration and pace, dunno how that is possible

I have the same problem vs teams that play 4-4-2, most games are really tough. (even though I have a better team by far)
And even more their ****** winger beats my fullback with 16/17 tackling and even more acceleration and pace, dunno how that is possible

Exactly, I'm literally pulling my hair out over it. I have a much better squad then every team that plays 4-4-2 in my league, But I still get dominated both possession wise and score wise. Extremely frustrating.

To me, it sounds like a tactical instruction issue you are having, not what formation as such you are using. How are you playing and how are you responding to what you see on the pitch ?

To me, it sounds like a tactical instruction issue you are having, not what formation as such you are using. How are you playing and how are you responding to what you see on the pitch ?

Lost 1 in 9, The players have been fantastic. I always speak positively to keep their morale as high as I can.

Did you answer the wrong quote ? :D If not, then re-read the question

Oh sorry I derped. Trying to fill in an application form lol. Playing Very Fluid with Standard strategy. Is that what you meant? And also the team play well.

Oh sorry I derped. Trying to fill in an application form lol. Playing Very Fluid with Standard strategy. Is that what you meant? And also the team play well.

Yes, I meant your generall approach. If you play fluid, standard, within a 4231 ( ?), then perhaps you get caught out wide where the 442 exploits your weaknesses, using overlaps against your rather attacking fullbacks ?. If you see this, then you need to react to it. Why not let your wingers man mark their fullbacks and try to show all the wide players inside.

Yes, I meant your generall approach. If you play fluid, standard, within a 4231 ( ?), then perhaps you get caught out wide where the 442 exploits your weaknesses, using overlaps against your rather attacking fullbacks ?. If you see this, then you need to react to it. Why not let your wingers man mark their fullbacks and try to show all the wide players inside.

Care to explain how? I'm a HUGE amateur when it comes to deep tactics. I followed a friend, And they have been working extremely well, Just not against 4-4-2.

Care to explain how? I'm a HUGE amateur when it comes to deep tactics. I followed a friend, And they have been working extremely well, Just not against 4-4-2.

Well, the first thing is to understand exactly how and why your tactic is setup. If using a downloaded one, its really hard though. The next step is to watch the games in atleast extended highlights but I would do it in Comprehensive.

Looks at how the opponnets gets their chances and then try to react.

Show Inside = Opposition Instruction, show DR/MR onto left foot and DL/ML onto Right foot
Marking = Your Winger - Marking - chose specific man marking the DR/L

Back