markoxley

Reaction score
I created this tactic for my Portsmouth team its a tactic that uses a target man and a poacher with support from the 2 Box to Box midfield players.

The aim of the tactic is to get quality crosses in for the Target Man and Poacher to either score or create chances.

The attached file has 3 tactics The main one and then a Attacking one to chase a goal or for weaker teams. The other one is for seeing the game out

View attachment 215717
View attachment 215716
View attachment 215715
View attachment 215714
View attachment 215629
View attachment 215628

Training & OI's

Training used is Balanced and set as high or low as you wish. OI's use if you wish
Match Prep use what your coaching staff say

Let the pc select the best corner taker.

Players Needed

Really everything is standard but do look for the following.

Right & Left Back to have a good standard of crossing.

Wingers Pace and High Standard of Crossing.

Please leave feedback on how it works and how to improve this tactic

V2 Files below.

Much better movement and running from the wingers.
Crossing has been changed to mixed

Last edited:
interesting, im working on a 4-4-2 at the minute
tryintg with 2 false 9.. so hard to make a 2 st tactic for me

Maybe I should do as you then and move up my wingers for a 4-2-2-2

Its worked great for me the style of play is great to watch.

Another good lookin tactic and I always trying create target man, poacher wingers and counter tactic... Shame I don't have my computer for next 7days

It remembers me il devasto by satorox :(

Btw I think this year the BBM is absolutely ****. He is always out of the game, or at least for me. Maybe a DLP(Support) could be better, or a CM(Support), have you tried?

The box to box mids dont always get high scores think its a bug. For me they do a great job and are always a threat in and around the box

Btw one of the BBM is actually set as a BWM. I think that's a better option anyway... I thought this tactic looked really sweet to try in lower leagues so I tried it out with Corby and I'm top of the league. If you're playing that low and with a team expected to finish near the bottom like Corby then I'd recommend changing short passing to either mixed or direct. I've been using mixed...

Also, I don't know why you've decided to stick with low crosses when you have a big Target Man in the box so I changed it to mixed crossing. Some will float in to target man and some will whip in to the poacher. Seems to be working fantastic.

Thanks Ben will give the crosses a go and see if it works with my targetman

It remembers me il devasto by satorox :(

Btw I think this year the BBM is absolutely ****. He is always out of the game, or at least for me. Maybe a DLP(Support) could be better, or a CM(Support), have you tried?

Glad it isnt only me.. they ruined the bbm totally didnt they