4231 formation and tactic for a NewCastle who concede alot?

Sweeedz

Reaction score
Right now Im using JP Woodys 4231 formation, its good but I concede way too many goals. Won the Premiership with 45 goals allowed.This is the team I use (Will post a pic later)
---------------------Cisse/De Jong-------------------------------
---Greizmann------Eriksen/Ben Arfa-------Belhanda-----------
------------------Vidal--------------Cabaye----------------------
Fabio----Otamendi-----Coloccini/Alderwireld----Santon/Romario
-------------------------Krul----------------------------------------
Is there any formation you recomend that fit those players?
Do you only use strictly 1 formation? Have done it for 3 seasons. Heard people have a home and away tactic. Is this benificial in any way? Should I have one for bigger teams too? I want to match the top teams in Europe as I nearly have the same caliber of players as they have. Looking to being able to break into the Top 5 teams in the world in a few years.

Have a look at the deep 4231 in this thread, Its pretty good and should able you to keep more clean sheets. Also remember that if being a top team, winning the league, you sometimes dont have the players able to cope with complacency resulting in that once they are 3 goals up, they always concede one. 3-0 becoming 3-1, becoming 4-1, becoming 4-2

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/84722-%2A%2A%2A-better-halfs-tactics-training-center%2A%2A%2A-uploads-discussion-help-thread.html

Stands on the thread that is for middle table teams, though I asume that it doesnt matter?

Stands on the thread that is for middle table teams, though I asume that it doesnt matter?

It works if you want to keep more clean sheets, getting more 1-0, 2-0 wins instead of 5-2, 6-1 etc

But does it suit my players? How would Cabaye perform as a CDM? And does Cisse really fit in a speedy Pocher? I have a Regen who just is 17 and plays amazing. The thing is that he is 203 cm tall and weighs 102 kg i think. Could he really play that role?

But does it suit my players? How would Cabaye perform as a CDM? And does Cisse really fit in a speedy Pocher? I have a Regen who just is 17 and plays amazing. The thing is that he is 203 cm tall and weighs 102 kg i think. Could he really play that role?

Then just tweak the role of the FC. Surely, Cabaye will do fine in DMC. Remember that this is just one suggestion on how to keep more clean sheets, using 2 DMCs

Have a look at the deep 4231 in this thread, Its pretty good and should able you to keep more clean sheets. Also remember that if being a top team, winning the league, you sometimes dont have the players able to cope with complacency resulting in that once they are 3 goals up, they always concede one. 3-0 becoming 3-1, becoming 4-1, becoming 4-2

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/84722-%2A%2A%2A-better-halfs-tactics-training-center%2A%2A%2A-uploads-discussion-help-thread.html
Looked at youre Arsenal 4231 tactics, how are they? Could the other versions of it replace the deep 4231?
Cause most of the goals are conceded really early against a big opponent like ManU away. Home Im pretty good with nearly no losses last year

Looked at youre Arsenal 4231 tactics, how are they? Could the other versions of it replace the deep 4231?
Cause most of the goals are conceded really early against a big opponent like ManU away. Home Im pretty good with nearly no losses last year

Might work, but remember that the more direct approach using the counter is against teams attacking you. As soon as a better team that still respects you ( i.e man u ), they might actually sit slightly deeper than you think and then you migh be in for trouble. Perhaps better then to look at the QPR underdog approach for really, really hard matches

1st strategy: Slow and Cautious Possession Football

We keep a tight formation when attacking on the counter, holding on to the ball. Not only by playing in a slow tempo, but also by using many defensive roles. Defensive Wingers, a Cm on defend, a defensive Forward etc. To keep possession better we play out of defence, pass to feet and retain possession. In this rigid approach the defence comes first and we stick to our positions

The Approach uses NO playmaker or Target man. Notice that there is one tweak to the tactic and that is that the wingers have the wide play set to “move into channels”

Click here to view the original image of 800x387px and 826KB.
normalformation.png

2nd Even more cautious roles

Here, both CM is on defend and both wingers are defensive wingers. We also use a FC that is on support and we drop deeper with the team. This approach is mainly used when you don’t feel you stand a single chance wining but instead looks for a 0-0 draw or trying to keep the score line down

Click here to view the original image of 800x388px and 1186KB.
defensiveformation.png

Which one of the Deep 4231 do you recomend? High,Low pressure or the Patient Streach? I actully beat Barca home but lost 5-1 away last season.
I can only have 3 tactics at a time.
Right now I have: Woodys Tactics, The PAtient streach. Which one should be the 3rd? I think those cover the regular matches right? Is the QPR version te one I should have or the Arsenal Coutios Counter?