kurtyanker07

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but this years game is driving me crazy, I've played FM since it was CM...I've always been able to make a relatively successful 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 (DM with inside forwards), however nothing is working on my Everton save. I've attempted to play to my squads strengths until I can sign the players that fit my overall philosophy.

Eventually I want my team to play as follows :
  • Aggressive defence that press high and work hard
  • A creative 10 to fed my striker
  • Short and quick passing that is more forwards than sideward
At the moment I've kept everything basic and I'm trying to create partnerships on the pitch and use the scout reports to slightly tweak the roles/mentality to win games. However each game that I play I concede lots of CCCs and create very little.

My tactics and rationale :
  1. The left FB to play as attack and overlap the IF with cross from bye line for the AF
  2. The right wing to play higher up and cross for the AF, the right FB to over support from deep
  3. The AF to play high against the defenders and run into the channels for risky passes from the AP, who when sitting deeper from the AF will have more space
  4. The two central midfielders are in roles that should sit deeper one as a passer and one as a destroyer, this should cover the right winger/left attacking fullback, and also leave space for the IF and AP to work in
  5. I want whipped crosses because Belotti's movement is really good
View attachment 77872
View attachment 77871

Do I need to just give it more time or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Who's protecting the critical area in front of the defence? That's the main issue.

Who's protecting the critical area in front of the defence? That's the main issue.

Would a BBM (s) and a DLP (d) be a better partnership?

I tried them both at DMC and it still left space for the AMC and St to work in

I've used this

I've used this in my Liverpool save, with great succes!

I'm winning the ball high up, and Salah and Mane are killing it. I have them to swap positions.

I struggled a bit with the defence as well, but pressing higher up the pitch and using offside trap was working wonders.

View attachment 77623

Last edited:
If You're wanting to make the most of belotti moving into the channels with more risky passes i'd changing your passing style to mixed, with the shorter passing you're midfielders will tend to go for the safe option and build up slower, hence not playing the ball into the channels for belotti to feed off.

I've managed to make a very successful 4-2-3-1 wide tactic that has won the Premier league with Middlesbrough and currently has my San Marino team sitting 2nd in Serie B in my third season. I can upload the tactic or some screenshots if you want to take a look?

Last edited:
@boroinbishop Please do share some screens with us.