tinhead420

Reaction score
As a lifelong sheff utd fan i have had the pleasure of seeing chris wilder come in as manager and revolutionize the club with his brand of no fear football. I was determined to replicate the style on FM19.

As a long time player of football manager i like the challenge of starting at the bottom with no qualifications and no experience. This year i decided to start with alfreton town (Wilders old stomping ground as a manager)

Obviously it is very early days for tactics to be "gamebreakers" and i am not claiming such a thing, but i have had a relatively good results with a mediocre squad. So i thought i'd share it for people to try, or not :)

The only part of wilders tactic i cannot seem to replicate on fm19 is the overlapping centre backs :(

tactic
View attachment 32889

in possession
View attachment 32888

in transition
View attachment 32886

out of possession
View attachment 32885

results
View attachment 32883

the assistant does my training, and i have no opposition instructions

let me know if you use this tactic and how you get on :)

*UPDATE
Going into december 9 points clear at the top of the league :D

Going to give this a try with Concord. Any particular strengths recommended for the WB's?

Going to give this a try with Concord. Any particular strengths recommended for the WB's?

I cant really be picky with the level Alfreton are at, but pace, crossing and determination always help with wing backs

looks very good mate but as a sheffield united fan i know wilder dosent play3 cms mark duffy plays behind front 2 its usually fleck and norwood as cms its not a critisim in anyway pleased its working well for you gunna throw it in my ST pauli save and give it a whirl

looks very good mate but as a sheffield united fan i know wilder dosent play3 cms mark duffy plays behind front 2 its usually fleck and norwood as cms its not a critisim in anyway pleased its working well for you gunna throw it in my ST pauli save and give it a whirl

i know that pal, could never mistake where the bounce killer plays :D

it wasnt really working with the player behind the front 2, so changed it.

when playing you will notice the central midfielder gets forward and contributes to scoring, in fact the central midfielder in my alfreton team is my top scorer

UPDATE

Finished the first season, Won the league comfortably

i tweaked the tactic about half way through the season, which i have attached to this post

View attachment 29700

Last edited:
I fancy using this for an Eintract Frankfurt mode. Would the tactic except swapping the striker roles slightly? Either the AF for a Poacher or perhaps the PF for a TM?

I fancy using this for an Eintract Frankfurt mode. Would the tactic except swapping the striker roles slightly? Either the AF for a Poacher or perhaps the PF for a TM?

Give it a try pal, i was debating whether to change the roles when my midfielders were outscoring the strikers. But come the end of the season the strikers found their scoring touch :)

View attachment 29239

As you can see the goals are spread across the team (ignore the players with no stats, they are my new summer signings)

*UPDATE
Just getting to the end of Dec in the next season, tactic still going strong and holding it's own. 4pts off the top of the table!
Made a slight tweak to some the player instructions, removed the "shoot more often" from the strikers and added "roam from position" to the advanced playmaker.

View attachment 27607 - current version of tactic for anyone who would like to try it :D

*UPDATE
Just getting to the end of Dec in the next season, tactic still going strong and holding it's own. 4pts off the top of the table!
Made a slight tweak to some the player instructions, removed the "shoot more often" from the strikers and added "roam from position" to the advanced playmaker.

View attachment 1189037 - current version of tactic for anyone who would like to try it :D

Do you have some SS of legue table and squad?
Thanks

Good tactic overall but I might have to do some tweaks to the tactic for my save

I used this with Sheffield United on my save in the first season and I was top of the championship table up until middle of December and I was 5 points clear but from December to march time that I'm in now the wheels have fallen off, going to do some tweaks and I'll get back to you when I've figured something out, cheers for the tactic

I used this with Sheffield United on my save in the first season and I was top of the championship table up until middle of December and I was 5 points clear but from December to march time that I'm in now the wheels have fallen off, going to do some tweaks and I'll get back to you when I've figured something out, cheers for the tactic

cool, let me know how you get on and what you come up with, it gave me back to back promotions with alfreton.