JackWebster19

Reaction score
This formation won me the 2020 Olympics with Brazil U23s. Goalkeeper, libero-attack, centre back-defend, centre back-defend, right wing back-attack, left wing back- attack, anchor man- defend, centre midfielder- defend/support, deep lying playmaker- defend/support, trequartista/advanced playmaker- attack, poacher/advanced forward- attack. My team instructions were left as default except for changing the passing to shorter. This formation only works with 2 high quality wing backs, and the best Libero's are often box to box midfielders with high stamina, work rate and tackling.

Yes, formations using " 5" at the back are rather successful in FM13

I don”t think I like a formation better than the one using wingbacks and a libero, but the FM seems to consider it a weird thing, even though that is how Brazil won the WC in 2002. I am constantly trying to develop such tactics since FM2012, but since I support Tottenham, try this tactic with the players previously provided by AVB :) It is a nightmare. And it is so hard to find good sweepers. Anyone you could recommend?