5 Considerations when sending a young player out on loan

Maybe have a look at the teams formation to see where your player would be playing.. If your developing your player into a very attack minded attacking midfielder, you don't really want him to be playing in centre midfield all year in a flat midfield or even on the wing etc.

Also a quick look to see if they have a better player injured in their team that might come back and take your players first team spot..

I have moved this to the FM11 section as all the points still apply, the coach calculator has also been updated for FM11. :)

I just look to loan out to the highest ranked team in the highest league.

How do you go about recalling a player from loan? He already has the clause in his contract to do so bit i cant get round to finding out how too?

The main problem I have found trying to loan out youngsters is that nobody is interested even when offered for free.
I thought I beat this by getting a feeder team (championship I am Premiership), however they never play my youngsters.
The only thing I could think of was go for a league 1 side and see if they play them any tips?

loan out youngsters who will come back being pleased they played alot of games for the club they were loaned to, i loaned zeli ismail for wolves to 3 different teams in 3 seasons he then became a starting role for my first team. first season he went to chesterfield, then swindon then leeds.

Very helpful guide , will use this alot.
Another great bit of writing from Levin.

I never looked so in depth at loaning players; I just thought about how much first team action they would see at the club they went to, but never checked their facilities or coaches...I'll make sure I do from now on though!

Just out of interest is it better to have better facilities, Better coaches or more first team games?

The main problem I have found trying to loan out youngsters is that nobody is interested even when offered for free.
I thought I beat this by getting a feeder team (championship I am Premiership), however they never play my youngsters.
The only thing I could think of was go for a league 1 side and see if they play them any tips?

i have the same problem sometimes too :/ at least as empoli in serie B, it seems to be quite hard to loan out youngsters with a 3 star rating, unless their quite good at what they do, they dont get played at all even by feeder teams :/

anybody has any tips on this?

I've seen many people suggesting sending out youngsters on loan after they turn 18 years of age. Consider the fact that however good your youngster maybe he won't be getting into your first team generally till he is about 21 or 22 years old.

I've seen that its better to let them play 1 or 2 seasons in the reserves after they turn 18. If you have good coaches at your club then this helps them develop better. Generally the players in your reserve team are likely to be better than those at a lower league club where you'll loan him out.

After he's 20, loan him out. His chances of getting 1st team action at that club will also be higher(than when he was 18). Try to send him to a decent club in a decent league. And by the time he's 21 to 22 years of age, you'll know if he's good enough to make it in your team.

Don't know if this will work for all but its worked better for me than when I used to loan them out earlier.

why can you neva seem to get decent young players from prem or championship club on loan for your lower league club thats in blue square prem but a month or two later u find they have move on loan to a team thats in a lower league than the team your managing like for eg was managing hartlepool in league 1 tryed to get fryers on loan from man u he rejected a couple weeks later he went to newport county in blue square prem like wats the deal with that