5 seasons in and wonder who can replace Van Persie

• Thread starter Thread starter Br1t1shB33f
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5K

Br1t1shB33f

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So i have a small issue on my hands, I have an Aging Van Persie Who is just not up to competing against Cavani in my game. Im looking to sell him to give him full 1st team chances as i can't leaving him rotting. Also i got Benzema on a free but has been a bit slow to get off the ground.

I was considering selling both and getting 1 good striker to the same level as Cavani in terms of guaranteed goal scoring, i don't need an assist monster or someone with pace just some on who working as a lone striker like Cavani can smash the ball into the back of the net. I use GS but i find that potential doesn't always = the best player.

Any suggestions for a game 5 seasons in for a great goal scorer would be much appreciated thanks.

Neymar ;)

But actually check how Javier Hernandez is going because in some games, after about 4 seasons he becomes outrageous.

In my save I bought Carlos Fierro, Young Mexican Striker (Poacher) to replace my Robin van Persie (Complete Foward) and he has been amazing! 13 goals 12 apps

Neymar
wink.gif

But actually check how Javier Hernandez is going because in some games, after about 4 seasons he becomes outrageous.
In my save I bought Carlos Fierro, Young Mexican Striker (Poacher) to replace my Robin van Persie (Complete Foward) and he has been amazing! 13 goals 12 apps

Just had a look at this Guy - He is amazingly rated but damned expensive lol 21 years old 56mill buy out.

So at the moment it is between him and Neymar unless i get a better looking piece of advice.

Thanks guys

Aguero - Signed Him In My Third Season With Chelsea And Scored 75Goals In His First Season And 35 In His Second ( Was Injured For 3 Months Of The Second )

Also Found Lukaku Progressed Very Well In A Few Seasons And May Be A Cheaper Option

Thanks to all you guys and your suggestions, i am scouting all and will see where i go, will keep you posted on who i get and how they get on.

You should have found some class regens by now, i had my best in my 2nd and 3rd seasons, regens aside... Niang is pretty class for City on mine

by the second season i found a great young regen striker in the PSV youth team and he is totally in the RVP mould :D

Cavani

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Cavani already mate, I said so in my OP. I have Cavani and RVP with a ****** Benzema i got on a free but he is really poor. RVP and Benzema are going to be leaving me this window i wanted to know who would Partner Cavani and so on.

I have Had a bid of 79Million accepted by Santos of Neymar but i dont know if i want to spend that much and whether he will be worth the outlay.

Yaya Sanogo seems to be developing really well in my youth team after buying him as a future striker. Carlos Fierro also looks like a good shout, he's developing nicely.

Basically you want a poacher to play next to Cavani....M'Baye Niang(Caen), Lenny Nangis(Caen), Yaya Sanogo(Auxerre), Odion Ighalo(Udinese), Leandro Damiao(Internacional). Leandro is very good, as he will play well in a few different roles up front. Also, if you still had Vela, he would fit the role, incredibly under-rated in-game.

Play Cavani in RvP role, and play a Poacher next to him. Benzema is useful there ;)

Fierro as a Poacher works amazingly well. Consider buying Torres to link up with Cavani and Fierro :)

Yaya Sanogo seems to be developing really well in my youth team after buying him as a future striker. Carlos Fierro also looks like a good shout, he's developing nicely.

Sanogo is poor in my save :( also Fierro is decent but he is only available for £60 million. Which Vs Neymar at 79 seems to much.

Surely if you're using Genie Scout you should be able to find a regen better than RVP at that point in the game?

From what you are saying tho, it seems you just want a back up to Cavani? If that's right then you could always try creating a search based on Cavani's attributes...
Cavani's Profile > Scouting > Create player search filter (then edit it to suit yourself)

Also, don't spend £70 million on Neymar, no player is worth that on FM. You are better off signing 3 £10-20m players, chances are at least one will work out, and you'd at least have some resale value on the others.

Sanogo is poor in my save :( also Fierro is decent but he is only available for £60 million. Which Vs Neymar at 79 seems to much.

I've bought them both for 2M each, so either way I should at least make some profit if they fail. I hope they don't but I want to loan them out to a competitive team asap

Back