50% Sell-On Clause

• Thread starter Thread starter Danwolf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3K

Danwolf

Reaction score
Have you guys/girls ever made a good amount of money from selling players with the 50% clause?

I've sold Bernando Silva to Chelsea for £25mil with the clause and Geoffrey Kondogbia to Man Utd for £18mil at the start of season 3.

It's a bit of a long term investment but neither we're really performing for me at Arsenal.

Oh and I forgot - Ainsley Maitland-Niles to Wolves for £3mil.

All helping towards clearing the huge debt.

Last edited:
Yep I've regularly made money from it. There's a couple of situations I use it:

1. If I'm selling to a club like PSG who tend to buy players that are 'flavour of the month' and therefore they'll buy an upgrade in a couple of seasons, in which case they will try to sell them off again. I've sold players to PSG for 25-30m, and then a season or two later they will sell them for 15-20m and I receive half of it

2. If I'm selling to a club that I think the player will outgrow, and therefore they will end up selling to a bigger team

I play in the Turkish league with gencerbigli and we are a big club, top 15 in Europe, won the ucl, club world cup etc but all my players want to play in more competitive leagues so almost all my xfers I try force a sell on clause. So far decent coin has come back from Lucas Otavio, G Romero, Sergio Diaz, Anton Vutov, Sondre Rossbach, Ali Adnan, Hakan Cahnoglu, Daniel Amartey.
Always seems to be the same clubs, Porto buy my players then PSG buys off Porto and I profit.
I'd post pics but my player history has bugged.

Back