A belgian dream come true ... Purple and White

Reaction score
Was just curious guy's as I'm new here. Would anyone be interested if I started a story about Anderlecht in the Belgian Pro League? Let me know what you guy's think, thank you!

Yes mate! I started one with Antwerp the other day, suggest making your guy Belgian and try and become Belgium country as #1 in world! Get your academy to be its best and produce players like Hazard and Kompany!

To late, sorry. My guy is American, don't know if that will have any effect on you guy's reading or following my story seeing as most American's have no clue how to manage a football team. I will follow your story, do you have a link to it by chance?

No its ok keep going with this story, and I cant already done 3 stories on this forum not allowed no more, but will post on this one and let you know, just get this story started! ::)

images

Outside of Stade Constant Vanden Stock on 19th​ July 2012

Roger Vanden Stock (Chairman)

“Thank you all for joining us here this morning for our press conference. We would like to take this time to make it known that Anderlecht will be looking for a new manager after John van den Brom decided to retire. After careful consideration and hours of talks with Mr. van den Brom we have decided that this is the best thing for him and his family and I wish him nothing but the best moving forward.”

Rik Bertles (Gazet van Antwerp)

“Mr. Vanden Stock, obviously there will be an appointment of a new manager moving forward, do you have a timeframe that this will take place or will you hold out until you find the right man?”

“Rik, thank you for the question. We want to do what’s best for this club and we will take as long as we need to develop a shortlist of managers that we think will be the right fit to take this club into the next chapter of R.S.C. Anderlecht football. We obviously have to get someone in here rather quickly because the start of the season is right around the corner.”

Jean-Pierre Thys (Het belang van Limburg)

“Mr. Vanden Stock, good morning. When you say shortlist how many managers do you plan on interviewing for the vacancy here in Anderlecht?”

“We do not want to have a ton of interviews going on but we would like to interview three to four managers so that’s really what we will be looking to do.”

Marcel de Preter (Sky Sports News)

“Any indication on who will be the favorite for the job at this point?”

“We are not going to comment on that at this time, we will hold another press conference to announce when the next manager is found and we will also introduce him at that time. Thank you all for coming this morning, have a great day!”​

View attachment 250239

30th​ July 2012

Outside of Stade Constant Vanden Stock

“Thank you all for joining us this morning. We are here today to announce the new manager and future of this club moving forward today. This young man is full of energy, bright idea’s and has the same ambition as I share for this club. He represented his country 37 times and scored 13 goals during his 5 years of International football, he played his club football in Scotland at St. Johnstone before coming here to Anderlecht to play for 2 years before injuring himself and having to hang up the boots. The last couple of year’s he has been on the coaching staff as a youth coach at St. Johnstone and with that I would like to introduce Mr. Jeremiah Walsh.”

Jeremiah Walsh (Manager)

“Thank you Mr. Vanden Stock and thank you members of the media for being here today in what is a wonderful feeling being back here in Anderlecht. I am excited about this opportunity to get into management and want to get this club to the highest level of football possible. I will now take a few questions.”

Marcel de Preter (Sky Sports News)

“Hello Jeremiah, and welcome to Belgium. You sit here as the new manager of Anderlecht, you must be delighted to be back. What will be your goals for this upcoming season?”

Jeremiah Walsh (Manager)

“Thanks for the question Mr. de Prater. I honestly have no idea at this moment in time. I have yet to meet with the player’s, staff or anybody else here at the club other than Mr. Vanden Stock and Mr. Collin who is our managing director. As soon as I put together the best team possible and the best staff for the squad you will know what my goals will be for the season.”

Jean-Pierre Thys (Het belang van Limburg)

“Do you have any idea of which players you like and those you do not. Are their any players in the team that will move right away?”

Jeremiah Walsh (Manager)

“Like I’ve said Mr. Thys. I have not been here long enough to evaluate which players will stay and which players will move on. That will be something I take a closer look at once I assemble a staff and we can evaluate each player on an individual basis.”

Rik Bertles (Gazet van Antwerp)

“You have taken charge when it is widely expected that Matias Suarez will leave the club, can you speak on that?”

Jeremiah Walsh (Manager)

“I can’t really speak on anything because I have not had the chance to meet and talk with Matias yet. I will introduce myself to the squad tomorrow and get to work right away. At that point I will sit down with Matias and try to find the best possible solution for both player and club. I want players who want to be here and if you have no desire to be here my job at that point will be to get the best deal possible for the club.”

“That will be all the questions for this morning, I would like to once again thank you all for coming out this morning and have a wonderful day.”

Back