A big problem with the defense in this game

• Thread starter Thread starter FC HAIFA
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

FC HAIFA

Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all sorry for my english. After playing the game for some time, I ran into a problem with all of the teams I managed. I can score, but every game I concede a lot of goals. I lost 5-4 after I led 3-1, lost in a friendly to a weaker team 5-0. won 5-3 after leading 5-0 etc... I don't know what to do in order to win "normally", or even just to play good football... I read Jake's post about the game engine, but even when I adjust my tactic in order to counter the opponent's tactic, I get beaten hard, something that really frustrating me... Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong??

If you're winningcomfortably and you start conceding then its usually because your players become complacent , you can try more defensive ways of play like a deeper defensive line and shout things like "drop deeper" in your game

sometimes I can't even win because the opponent controls the game completely, even though I try to tweak my tactic by adding another midfielder or playing with a slower tempo... Is it just me or the game has became more difficult and I just need to get used to it?

sometimes I can't even win because the opponent controls the game completely, even though I try to tweak my tactic by adding another midfielder or playing with a slower tempo... Is it just me or the game has became more difficult and I just need to get used to it?

It's just you, and a million other people. :P

I think you are on the right track to seek control of the tempo/flow, a couple of tips:

- get your players to close in faster during defending to force the opposition to lose the ball and not giving them so many chances to construct play chances.

- make sure your midfield DON'T lose the ball themselves

- check the possession bar in the bottom of the screen and try to prevent the opposition to dominate (bar over 60 or 65%)

- pay attention to the opposition tactics change and substitutions

Enjoy the game :)

When you say get my players close in faster, you mean that I should set the closing down to "press more"? because I always do that... maybe there is another way which i'm not familiar with?

When you say get my players close in faster, you mean that I should set the closing down to "press more"? because I always do that... maybe there is another way which i'm not familiar with?

What i mean is shortening the time and space needed for your player to close in the opposition player. The faster they harass the them the bigger the chance of a bad pass or getting the ball from them.

With my tactics i play very high exactly for that purpose, but it depends on the opposition tactics. I don't like the "press more" but i use "get stuck in" when the opposition is better than my team.

But this are my choices, you should consider the options that suit your style/tactics :)

Okay, I will try what you said... thank you very much! both of you!

Back