good start to the season mate, lucky against Wigan though lol......Remind me of Crespo's late winner against them a few years back

Awesome mate, the pictures are quality, the layouts great and the style is good and personal!
I struggled against West Brom too, only drew 2-2

September 2010

After a solid start to the season I was confident that we would be able to build on that foundation and push forward. The main thing I wanted this month was to score more goals. We may have scored 4 against Stoke, but in the other two fixtures we had only managed to score in the dying moments of the games. Hopefully the game against Stoke was a sign of things to come.
After Kalou’s brilliant performances in the previous month and Drogba returning from injury I felt that it would be unfair to drop Salomon to the bench so I decided to start the month with a front line consisting of Torres, Drogba and Kalou with Anelka dropping to the bench.​

Barclays Premier League - 11.09.2010
Chelsea 3 - 0 West Ham
Fernando Torres (16)
Didier Drogba (35,69)
Michael Essien Sent Off (36)

Today we showed that possession is nothing if you do nothing with it. We only had 39% of possession and still managed to win the game comfortably by 3 goals. The first came courtesy of Fernando Torres after he rounded the full back, Lars Jacobsen, before hammering the ball into the top corner. Then 20 minutes later Didier rose above the West Ham defence to head the ball past Green after an exquisite cross from Anelka. Almost immediately from the restart Michael managed to get himself sent off for a second bookable offence and I started to worry because they were having almost all the possession when we had 11 men on the pitch so with just 10 I was sure they’d be able to score. However, I was wrong to start worrying as we looked just as comfortable with 10 men as we did with 11 and Didier finished the game off in a goal mouth scramble after the ball had rebounded off of the crossbar.

Barclays Premier League - 19.09.2010
Chelsea 6 - 2 Blackpool
Didier Drogba (15)
Fernando Torres (26,57)
Alex (46,60)
Nicolas Anelka (76)

Charlie Adam (21,28)

A solid performance today showed newcomers Blackpool the standard of Premier League football. They managed to draw level twice, but after Adam’s second goal I told Luiz to mark him tightly and he caused us no more problems for the remainder of the game. Didier opened the scoring on 15 minutes with a simple finish after Fernando had put him through on goal. Adam then pulled one back with an easy finish from six yards, we reacted immediately and Fernando rounded the keeper before finishing it off with his left foot. But just as it looked like we were in control of the game Adam fired in a goal from 20 yards out. At half time I told the lads that we had to defend better and finish the game off. We came out in the second half a different team and Alex scored from a Lampard free-kick straight after the break. Torres then scored a brilliant goal, after a great run from Kalou, he swiveled on the penalty spot before rifling the ball into the top corner. After this we cruised to victory and goals from Anelka and Alex finished the game off.

Barclays Premier League - 25.09.2010
Man City 0 - 1 Chelsea
Fernando Torres (82)

Coming into the game I was fairly confident of a victory against City after convincing wins against the likes of Blackpool and West Ham. The game was an extremely even game with end to end action and both keepers on top form and making some excellent saves. It didn’t look like anyone was going to manage to break the deadlock but in the 82nd minute Fernando cut in from the left hand side and hammered the ball into the roof of the net from the edge of the area. I couldn’t contain myself and I started jumping up and down with happiness, Man City had a few chances to equalise, but Cech managed to deal with them with ease. This had been our first real challenge and we had passed it but only just.

Carling Cup 3rd Round - 22.09.2010
Chelsea 3 - 2 Birmingham aet
Jeffrey Bruma (12,55)
David Luiz (120)

Sebastien Larrson (53)
Scott Dann (83)

The Carling Cup was not one of my priorities for the season so I decided to rest a lot of first team players, but the team I put out was still good enough to beat Birmingham. We controlled the game from start to finish and yet only managed to win the game via David Luiz’s head in the dying moments of extra time. The problem was our inability to defend balls coming into the box. Their first goal came from a Larrson free-kick that went straight past everyone and into the bottom corner and the second came from a Hleb cross which found Dann unmarked in the box. Luckily for us they seemed to have the same problem as all our goals came from headers including two from youngster Jeffrey Bruma who seems to be an expert when it comes to heading. In the end we got the after Luiz sent a looping header over Foster and into the bottom corner, better late than never as they say. In the next round we have drawn Leicester.

UEFA Champions League Group D - 14.09.2010
Omnoia 0 - 5 Chelsea
Frank Lampard (7)
Fernando Torres (12,19,pen 41,90+1)

Now that’s what I call a one man show. Fernando showed everyone at the game how a World Class player should play. He showed strength, pace, flair and most importantly a lethal finish. However, it wasn’t Torres who opened the scoring in fact it was Frank who got us going by hammering the ball into the roof of the net from the edge of the area, but from then on it was the Torres show. His first was sensational as he cut in from the left hand side before curling the ball into the top corner on the far side. His second was a bit simpler as he went past two defenders and slotted the ball calmly past the keeper. He then stepped up and scored from the spot after he had won the spot kick himself. Finally he completed the scoring with a driven shot under the keeper’s body.

UEFA Champions League Group D - 29.09.2010
Chelsea 3 - 0 Ajax
Fernando Torres (11,19)
Salomon Kalou (75)

The team have really got used to this formation and are now scoring for fun, even against Ajax a team I was expecting a difficult match from, but in the end the game was over after Fernando completed a brace. As normal he was absolutely sensational and caused the opposition problems time after time . Kalou extended the scoreline late on and looked delighted with himself after a tap in at the far post. What a great way to finish the month!

Managers Thoughts

I couldn’t have asked for a better month. The team were absolutely sensational and managed 6 wins out of 6. Also, they achieved exactly what I wanted from them at the beginning of the month and scored 21 goals. Torres and Drogba have been putting the ball in the back of the net for fun and the link up play between the two was getting better and better with each game.

Player of the Month

Fernando Torres

Fernando is a player who just exudes class and he hit top form this month scoring 10 goals in 5 games with some sensational performances. He has everything pace, skill, strength and he is a world class finisher and it has never been as apparent as this month. I don’t really know what else to say about his performances this month, they were just world class.​

League Table​

Last edited:
Class update mate. Very nice presentation and it's clear and concise, plus the images are still top-quality.
Well done! Keep it up :D

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been overloaded with homework for the last couple of weeks :(
But now the blog system is up I'll transfer it over there and continue it :)
Should have an update tomorrow or friday