A Clueless American's Guide to FM 2015: The American Dream Edition!

Why don't American's knock?
Because FREEDOM RINGS!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to this mate.
You looking to get a career in the MLS going or just taking what you can get?

Why don't American's knock?
Because FREEDOM RINGS!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to this mate.
You looking to get a career in the MLS going or just taking what you can get?

Thank you!

I'm only a couple of months in now at this point (lots of waiting for a job.... And a humorous surprise). However, in all honesty, I'm not very interested in playing in the MLS. Though you better believe I'll drag every scrap of talent the USA has to whatever clubs I join.

My intent is to make this a humorous, yet oddly useful, story in trial and error. It will likely involve a ton of memes.

This should be interesting.
****, I'll be happy as long as you win the World Cup with the US.
I'm setting my expectations bar kinda high for you, sir. :p

Part 1: The Job Hunt Begins

I wanna be the very best, no one ever waaaaaas.....

Being the nobody I am, I can't expect much. I basically have no soccer experience at all. I'm like a Walmart cashier worker who has somehow convinced themselves that they could be an accountant.

Logically the quickest way to get a job is to apply for everything without discrimination. But even I have boundries! Notably, I am not willing to coach a semi-pro or amateur team!

I did, however, apply for every other job available in the opening month of the campaign (July 2014 start). Including clubs I know would never hire me as well as for international jobs that I neither have the right nationality or reputation to really get(ex: the Scotland U19's spot that is open)

My "ideal" destination is a Portuguese club named Tondela:
View attachment 330458

Tondela has a low enough reputation that I might have a shot at getting hired there, and it is only one league removed from a "top" tier division. Meaning that if I play my cards right I could not only play competitive football, but in a couple of years I could really be somebody!

Last edited:
Don't worry guys, this is going to pick up really quick! Right now I'm just trying to get far enough ahead to give myself some real content to put up here.

This campaign has been particularly interesting because of something that happened that caught me off guard.... We will see what it leads to!

I still think you should call your manager US Soccer Guy (if you don't get this, go on twitter and search it).

Anyway, I'll follow this:)