A Collapse, and a Rebuild?

AshleyHoward

Reaction score
Welcome all to my first attempt at writing on this forum!
I plan to develop my story a bit over the festive period before I really get going on FM with it! All comments are much appreciated.
Here we go hope you all enjoy!

FOOTBALL LEAGUE INVESTIGATES NORWICH

images

After their recent relegation from the premier league, things seem to have gone from bad to worse for the Norfolk club, as the Football League have launched an official investigation into the financial situation and general running of the club. In particular joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones have been questioned directly.

It is unclear at this stage what potential wrong-doing may have occurred behind the scenes in what is ordinarily seen as a very cleanly run 'family club'. What is clear at this stage however, is that it is being taken very seriously by all those involved. Currently all questions on the matter at most receive a 'no comment' response from the club.

Last edited:

Double City Resignation
huckerby-in-article132-2592423.jpg

This morning Norwich City fans have been rocked by the news that two of the clubs legends who have only recently returned to working for the club have resigned with immediate effect from their roles. Darren Huckerby and Neil Adams, U18s coach and Loans Manager, have both refused to reveal the reasons for the resignations due to 'contractual obligations' however, Darren did reveal that he felt his position untenable.

Current speculation suggests that this could be linked with the investigation revealed by the Football League earlier. It is widely rumoured that there have been meetings ongoing at Carrow Road all day.

We will bring you news on any further developments from the club as they happen

No more than a year after Delia and husband Michael Wynn-Jones had paraded the Wembley pitch after glory in the play-off final they have been paraded from Carrow Road in cuffs.

Whilst the story is still unclear at this point early information suggests that the joint majority shareholders have been arrested under suspicion of money laundering and fraud.

This the latest development in recent days of what appears to be dark days ahead for the club.

__________________________________________​

Back