olliewebb

Reaction score
In this series i am going to play as as many international sides as is possible. My ultimate aim is to win the World Cup, i mean, who's isn't, but on the way i want to collect as much silverware as is possible.

Due to all international sides requiring lots of manager points and a large reputation to be able to take control of them, I am starting the game around 2030, although thsi won't affect the playthrough as it will take us a while before we manage a team that has any players who anyone knows.

The reason I started 1 years in is because I put my manager as the Chinese U23s manager. I then arranged 38 friendlies a year for the next 10 years and left the game on 'go on holiday' mode. I chose China for the simple reason that I could easily get wins in Asia against the likes of Bhutan and Sri Lanka, thus speeding up the rate of natural progression. I finished with exactly 200 wins in these friendlies, so if my stats look funny, that'll be why.

I will be doing yearly updates as well as special updates for every tournament that I am in. I will also be putting up a poll so you can choose my first team, please vote and enjoy the series.

Last edited:
My first job (kinda)

Ok, i cant actually get the polls up and as i cant add links, you will just have to reply to choose my team. I nderstand that hardly anyone will reply which is fair enough and thus i will choose the option that has been picked first.

The options are: Haiti, Hong Kong or Fiji. As well as this i will add an option to return to China U21s after 2 years, thus allowing us to manage in the Olympics which is a tornument that i woun't be able to participate in with a senior team.

Taking control of Hong Kong

I decided that his was a great start to my career. Due to me having managed China U23s for a large period of time, i had learnt mandarin and also knew some of the players who had defected from China's main team to a sort of reserve one. As well as this, the teams are well balanced which is why i chose Hong Kong and CHina's U23s, this is due to there being a large amount of beatable teams as well as some ok teams such as South Korea who are high up the world rankings but still beatable, thus allowing for fast progression up the world rankings.

Alongside this, Kong Kong plays lots of easy to win qualifiers and participates in the East Asia Cup, again allowing for me to boost the countries rankings and also gain some reputation for myself.