lbessell94

Reaction score
About the club
FC Viitoril Constanta are a team which at the time of me taken over have just been relegated from the Romanian Liga 1 and now find themselves in the second tier of Romanian football. Founded in 2009, playing their home games in Constanta having just moved into their new 15500 all seater stadium, the club has enjoyed a relatively successful few years prior to the last season with two promotions in its short history.

-

About me

An English manager with Romanian blood born and raised in the great city of Bristol.
a young manager at 25 taking his first step into football management.

Goals:
Win promotion
Qualify for europe
Win Liga 1
Become dominant force of Romanian football
Begin to challenge on a European scale
Eventually win the champions league

All whilst trying to use predominantly Romanian players

Last season
Not a great season for the club prior to my appointment, with the club only managing a measly 31 goals in 34 league games and only managing to win 7 games resulting in a 17th place finish.

Expectations
The minimum expectation for the team this season is to win Liga II Gr.1 which is no less than i expected really and is a realistic aim. The board have set me a wage budget of £19,770 with the current expenditure of 13,958 and a transfer budget of £39.

Seasons fixtures

The squad
A very young squad with only 3 players over the age of 25. hopefully a season in a lower division together will help them grow and improve as a team.

Key players
A few of the more talented players at the club which I hope can return us to top flight football. Dan Alexa being one of the new signings.

I've made just a few signings, mainly to bring in a bit of experience into a young squad.

Dan Alexa & Raul Costin: A couple of experienced midfielders which will help the younger players throughout the season.

Epimanonda Nicu: Again brought in to add experience to a very young and inexperienced back line.

Players out
A lot of players leaving on frees after their contracts had expired and weren't worth renewing except the one, Florin Bejan who joined Segeata on a free as his contract was due to expire and wouldn't even enter negotiations due to the fact the team was relegated.
There were also a few players leaving on loan due to the fact there wasn't a need for such a big squad this season.

Good luck! I did a save with these guys. Club is only 5 years old so you can create history. They have killer facilities and a structure that's meant to be based on Ajax. Will be following.

Edit. Oh yeah and you have heaps of depth to begin with albeit all youngsters.

Make sure to prepare lots of friendlies for the mid season break.

Last edited:
Preseason

Vac (Away) 4-1 Win
A good away win with 3 second half goals to get preseason up and running.

Vitorul C-ta Under 19's 5-2 Win
Another high scoring game against our youth team with all 5 of our goals coming in the second half.
Bad news from the game is that new signing Raul Costin is out for at least 8 weeks.

Provadia (Away) 3-1 Win
A comfortable win but another goal conceded which isn't the best.

Dunaujvaros (Away) 0-0 Draw
Dominant performance but with 11 shots in total and none on target. Hopefully just a bad day at the office for our front men.

Letavertes (Away) 4-1 Win
A very dominant away win with us converting some of our 24 attempts at goal with the hosts scoring their only shot of the game.

Sfintul gheorghe (Away) 3-2 Win
Another win but it came thanks to a very late goal which was needed thanks to some very poor defending.

Transfer news:

We snap up 40 year old Carlo Cudicini on a one year deal and like previous signings will bring experience to a youthful squad. I'm hoping to eventually move him into a coaching role.

I also decided to bring in 34 year old Croatian Mijatovic, another experienced player who I hope will help to improve our defence which to date has been poor at times.

As well as bringing in the two players I've terminated the contracts of two fringe players who wouldn't have featured at all as they weren't up to scratch.

Final preseason fixture:
Corona Brasov (Away) 1-0 Win
A solid away win agaisnt the team who finished one place above us last year to complete an unbeaten preseason. Another plus was new boy Mijatovic picking up POM in his first game.

Good luck! I did a save with these guys. Club is only 5 years old so you can create history. They have killer facilities and a structure that's meant to be based on Ajax. Will be following.

Edit. Oh yeah and you have heaps of depth to begin with albeit all youngsters.

Make sure to prepare lots of friendlies for the mid season break.

The great youth facilities was a big factor when choosing the team as I want to be able to develop a team based around academy players.

The club is set up to be successful I just hope i can do that with them!