A few questions for you FM experts!

• Thread starter Thread starter Rickydvt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

Rickydvt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I hope some of you can help me out with a few questions I have for my recent FM2012 save. I realise some of these are not even questions that require an "expert" to answer, but they are ones that keep bugging me!

1: Work Permits, I have read the thread about how to get work permits, but this is if they have come to you but can't play, what about a player who you simply cannot even sign, where they fail the work permit everytime, for example Darwin Quintero, is there a way to get him, I've tried 5 times, but it fells everytime!

2: After reading the wonderkids thread, I have seen a few comments such as "Norwegian Research has worked well", what is this research? Or is it simply another term for scouting a country?

3: I have tried to find said wonderkids by searching for them in the FM search box, but loads don't appear, I have selected a large database, and on the new update, however I only have the English Leagues ticked, could this affect the reason they are not appearing? I assumed that only selecting English league just meant my computer wouldn't have to process all those fixtures and results, but the players still exist?

4: When a player has no interest in joining me, I'm Stoke...is there a quick fix to make him interested? Or do I simply have to win leagues, cups etc?

I think thats it for now, thanks very much in advance for anyone who can take the time to answer me!

Cheers

Ricky.

the only one i can answer with confidence is number 4, and what you need to do is raise the profile of your club. the easiest way to do this is to win trophies and do well in teh league and cups but it can also be done by signing other players. if you sign a big name players compared to those at your club then it shows some ambition and would make other players slightly more likely to want to join you. also praising the player in the media and building a good relationship with him can help you to sign him as he'd be more willing to work under your management.

improving your facilities also helps boost your club reputation and will bring better players in...in the long run

I have tried to find said wonderkids by searching for them in the FM search box, but loads don't appear, I have selected a large database, and on the new update, however I only have the English Leagues ticked, could this affect the reason they are not appearing? I assumed that only selecting English league just meant my computer wouldn't have to process all those fixtures and results, but the players still exist?
------------------------------------------------------------
Depends what you mean by Wonderkids, if they are Real players, then you would really need to have the leagues ticked (do not need to be ticked as playable however). Otherwise you would be severly restricted to the number of players you have "loaded" from said country's.
If however these Kids are Regens, there is no point in searching for them in your game, as each Regen is unique to indiviual games, and they are randomly generated during play. These are young players who tend to appear as youth players, so when you get your new youth intake, these will all be regens, and all the other selected leagues will also generate Regens (i believe non selected leagues do still produce a handful of regens but nowhere near as many). It is worth researching the youth intake dates for differant country's, and scouting that country after the date. This should bring to you attention some regens, some of which should be a lot better then the rest.

These gifted Regens players can be signed for free (just the Tribunal? fee to pay of around 1-2 million for 5* potential) provided they have not signed contracts with their club. Once the sign you can expect to pay a fair bit more. Also Regens from less popular league's can be bought for a lot less then the popular leagues, but they don't tend to get as many. So a 5* Regen from Scandanavia/eastern Europe will be cheaper then a 5* regen from Spain France Italy etc.

thanks for that response, appreciate it!

So if I select the main leagues now, but put them down as not playable, will that take effect in my current save? And what leagues is it recommended that I select?

in answer to question 2. it most likely will mean scouting the **** out of a nation, good regens can be found anywhere! but in nations like Norway they are much harder to find than in say Brazil

In answer to the third question,only major players(Messi,Ronaldo etc) from foreign countries will be available to see(the rest of them are greyed out 'virtual players')
And in answer to the 3rd you basically have to praise them loads.

Thanks guys, big help so far!

Just question 1 left and I can continue my world domination....of sitting 9th in the Premiership :/

In response to number 2, this is people praising the FM researchers who looked at norwegian leagues and spotted great young players who are now recognised as wonderkids in FM. There are some great young norwegian players who are relatively unknown in real life so the researchers did well to find them and recognise their great talents.

And with the work permits i would suggest looking at this thread to see if it helps you:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...245-how-get-my-player-work-permit-thread.html

The only question i have a full answer for is nr 4. With stoke to get those players you want, the best thing to do is, ofc, win cups, titles/trophies, but there is some kind of quick way to get them atlseast, more interrested. Talk about the players first, how good you think they are, and then tell how much you really want them. The other thing thats importent for the player(s) you want, is for them to know that your club has a good finans(sorry my english sucks) that your club has some kind of money, how to do that, if your club aint rich like manCity :P you should sell those players who aint that good, but still are worth a bit.. I played with QPR, searched for players (only those who i had a chance on getting) wasnt happy with the result, sold a couple of players, made a couple of dollars, searched again, and more players was shown interrested joining my team! Hope this can help a bit!

Back