A FM 19 Experiment - Non-League ST to the Premier League

• Thread starter WeArePalace
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
W

WeArePalace

Introduction
Hello and welcome to a short Football Manager 2019 experiment. The rest of my saves need some fixing so in the meantime I didn't want to start yet another save so I've gone for a quick experiment series where I'll be playing as Manchester City. The rule of this experiment is that we will sign a ST from the National League North/South in a trade for Sergio Aguero.
The team I decided to take a ST from was Chester in the Vanarama National League North/South. I took 50,000 pound rated George Waring from them and gave them Sergio Aguero.
View attachment 13362View attachment 13361
So there are the two players. I simmed to my first game of the season and Aguero has already played 2 games for Chester and he's scored 4 goals. I'm very interested to see how he and Waring both go in their respective clubs. Hope you enjoy, thanks!

MONTH 1 - GEORGE WARING (MAN CITY)
We have 4 games to play (one is on the 1st of September) against Bournemouth, Wolves, Newcastle and Leicester. Waring brings down the team rating quite a bit so these matches might not be as easy as they would usually be when playing as City. Aguero has already succumbed to a 3 week injury which will keep him out of the Chester team for the majority of the month. He'll likely play 1 game or 2 for the club depending on how quick he recovers. The squad already expressed their disappointed in the departure of Aguero, so I'll have to purchase a new striker but he won't be used much at all.
View attachment 13358
We get a draw but Waring scores on debut!!! I did not expect that in the slightest and its taken a bit of the disappointment of the actual result away as my sole aim is for Waring to become a top quality striker. He didn't play well at all aside from the goal, which was a relatively easy finish, but I'm still delighted!
View attachment 13356
We were cruising early in this match but Newcastle came back and got an 87th minute equaliser. Thankfully Bernardo Silva popped up with a vital 93rd minute goal in the dying seconds of the game. Waring had no real impact, but it was expected as he's nowhere near Premier League level so I'm relying on the players around him to supply him with easy chances.
View attachment 13355
Another win here but again a late equaliser cancelled out by a later winner from the team. We are winning but not as easy as I would like. Once again, Waring had no real impact. He's not doing badly or extremely well at the moment, with just the sole goal to his name for the time being. Bernardo has been great so far, though!
View attachment 13353
WARING WITH A MOTM PERFORMANCE!!!! A brace from George Waring and simply amazing to see the guy score 2 goals in the game via some great team play to set the lad up for the goals. Waring not doing too badly so far after making a huge step up from Non League to Premier League. Wonderful stuff!
View attachment 13351
It led to the lad from Non League to gaining a TOTW appearance after just 4 games with the club. It was beyond my wildest dreams that he would've started the season so well!
View attachment 13350
The month went pretty well despite no real outstanding team performances - Waring has been amazing!! It's been so unexpected as well!
View attachment 13348
This is how it's shaping up for Waring so far in his Man City career. The lad has been great!
View attachment 13347
His value has almost quadrupled since the beginning. He's really close to 200k after being only valued at 50k at the beginning.
View attachment 13346
He's even lurking in the Premier League golden boot race!!!
View attachment 13344
The League Table looks pretty decent- the team is being spearheaded by Waring's solid performances so far!

MONTH 1 - SERGIO AGUERO (CHESTER)
Sergio Aguero got off to a lightning start in his career with Chester. He scored a debut goal, before netting a hat trick in his next match. Aguero then was injured for 3 weeks and returned. He returned to score a double before being injured for 6 weeks! It's certainly not going to plan so far for Aguero despite his good form.
View attachment 13339
The Argentine does sit equal top in the goalscoring charts despite only playing 3 games for the team.
View attachment 13338
Aguero isn't struggling to adapt at all to life in the Vanarama National League and is ripping defences to shreds.
View attachment 13337
Chester sit top thanks largely to Aguero - they would surely be flying if he'd been fit for all of their matches so far.